What To Do With Dogs?

cleo

Such a horrible situation for you to be in - nobody in their right mind could flame you for this.

If you are unable to find anything through the Tibbie people, perhaps contacting Melbourne rescues like Rescued with Love would be helpful, as they may help you to advertise and find a loving home. Ordinarily they take dogs from pounds etc, but they have a network of people and supporters who may be able to help with the re-homing part, rather than fostering.

Sorry to be so late getting on to this thread. Was off-line. I've got your PM. Shall answer with some Tibbie contact details. If you have any photos & details about natures & needs of the 2 tibbies, that would help. Also if your mum can remember the name of the breeder she adopted one tib from.

Here's the rescue page of the Tibetan Spaniel Association of Victoria. It has a phone number & email address, for you:

http://www.tsavaustralia.com/rescue.htm

It's a sad, sad situation, but bless you & your mum for trying to do the best for the tibs.

Just adding the info that tibbies tend to be a breed that keeps up well, with age. I've adopted an 8 yr old from a breeder.....& she's now nearly 12 yrs old and has not one health problem.

Edited by mita

Guest lavendergirl

So sorry for your terrible situation. I think all effort should be made to rehome both dogs and possibly a rescue organisation such has been suggested will be able to assist. I think it would be an added burden to the poor lady to think of her dog being PTS. It may be of some comfort for her to know that they are being looked after.

Thank you for all the replies.

I think I will try my best to have both dogs rehomed. I doubt mom could have the older one PTS. Apart from luxating patella on both knees, I think she is quite healthy. Mom has never mentioned her having any heath problems, only that she is getting old. But then again, I could be wrong. I will have photos taken in the next few days and ask mom more about their personalities. I only know they are both quite shy, especially with other dogs. They do love people though. The younger one is the cheekier one and tend to lead the older one into mischief.

Anyway, more in a few days. Thanks again.

If your Mom is in NSW, the Animal Welfare League has a Legacy program of lifetime care for senior animals whose owners have died or gone into pallative care. Might be worth a call to discuss. RSPCA runs a similar but much much more expensive program.

Big hugs to you and you Mum. This is a terrible situation to be in. Normally I would agree with PTS the older dog and rehome the younger BUT... if I was in your Mum's position I doubt I could cope with a PTS. So I think trying to rehome both is the way to go.

Good luck cleo - all fingers and paws here crossed for you.