Kyjen Star Spinner Or Nina Ottosson Dog Twister

Red Fox

I'm thinking about getting the dogs some puzzle toys and am trying to decide between the Nina Ottosson dog twister and the Kyjen Star Spinner and/or treat wheel.

Dog Twister looks a bit more challenging and perhaps more durable? But it's very expensive! The Kyjen toys seems similar but I'm not sure how challenging they would be?

Anyone tried either, or both? What do you think? Are they sturdy enough for large dogs?

Thankssmile.gif

Edited by SecretKei

I have Nina Ottosson Twister and Tornado; they both seem more challenging than the Kyjen spinner. I guess the Tornado without the little "bone" inserts would be of similar difficulty.

Have you had a look at Wagsalot? From memory she was very reasonably priced...

the twister isnt hard enough lol I found the only two that were entertaining enough were the Dog Finder (blue one) and Dog Brick (brown) even the ferrets adore them ... just keep an eye on the bone shaped cups they tend to end up all over the house lol

Mine solved the brick game very easily. Unfortunately I lent it to someone and they never returned it. Worth getting a few for rainy days. I do have the new "Dog Fighter" (terrible name) one and it is much harder.

Apparently there are some vids on youtube that show you how to make your own finders-style games with muffin pans.

I have Nina Ottosson Twister and Tornado; they both seem more challenging than the Kyjen spinner. I guess the Tornado without the little "bone" inserts would be of similar difficulty.

Have you had a look at Wagsalot? From memory she was very reasonably priced...

Ahh thank you. I was trying to remember the name of the shop and couldn't!!smile.gif

the twister isnt hard enough lol I found the only two that were entertaining enough were the Dog Finder (blue one) and Dog Brick (brown) even the ferrets adore them ... just keep an eye on the bone shaped cups they tend to end up all over the house lol

Awwwww. Ferrets solving puzzles is just too cute :heart: I would have thought the dog brick would be easy though. A bit worried the plastic bone things may get eaten. Are they very small? I'll have a look at the dog finder too.

Mine solved the brick game very easily. Unfortunately I lent it to someone and they never returned it. Worth getting a few for rainy days. I do have the new "Dog Fighter" (terrible name) one and it is much harder.

Apparently there are some vids on youtube that show you how to make your own finders-style games with muffin pans.

Thanks Megan. Haven't heard of the 'fighter', I'll check that one out too.

• 4 weeks later...

An update: I ended up buying the Kyjen treat wheel. Dogs love it but it's way too easy, they both solved it within 2 mins on the first go!!

I'm definitely going to invest in some of the more complicated toys. Has anyone ordered direct from the Nina Ottosson web-shop in Sweden? The prices on their three toy advanced packs are cheaper than anything I can find locally... http://www.nina-ottosson.com/webshop.php

Thanks smile.gif

the plastic bones are actually quite tough and not small at all. If you put the dog brick on a slippery surface it's harder to slide :D

Okay, great, thank you.smile.gif

Those prices look great SK - with flat shipping of 15 euros that alone is cheaper than most local places

Yeah, that was my thoughts. To buy a single toy it would be comparable to local prices, but works much cheaper if you plan on buying a few. I was looking at the advanced 3 pack which works out to $100 euro with shipping (or about $130AU). The saving is around $30-$50 but not sure how long postage would take?