Sold- Nikon Starter Kit

DeltaCharlie

Hi guys,

I have been looking at upgrading my gear for a while and figured selling the old stuff I am not using will help fund the upgrade :)

This would be a great start up kit for someone looking to get into the world of DSLR photography. All items are used but have been taken care of and are in perfect working condition, they have no major scuffs or scratches and minimal signs of wear.

Included:

-Nikon D70 body (black). Review here. Comes with black front body cap.

-Nikkor 70-300mm f4-5.6 lens (black). Review here. This has been my main lens for agility/flyball photography and has certainly served me well. I believe Vickie uses the same lens for most of her agility photography too, or at least she used to :) Comes with front and rear lens cap and UV filter.

-Nikkor 28-80 f3.3-5.6 lens (black). Review here. I haven't really used this lens too often and forgot I even had it. Takes some great shots though. Comes with front and rear lens cap and UV filter.

-Black camera bag. Easily fits camera and both lenses, large enough to leave 70-300mm lens attached to camera when packed in bag. 3 partitions plus front pocket, 2 x side pockets and mesh pocket under lid.

$500 ONO for the lot.

Here are some shots taken with this camera.

With 70-300

6119306073_e5ed10bd90.jpg

6119829504_aa02f738b9.jpg

3550365331_8c13681b61.jpg

With 28-80

4513797332_822784ff78.jpg

ETA:

Not the clearest of shots but were taken with my phone sorry.

imag0238zp.jpg

imag0239g.jpg

Edited by DeltaCharlie

Well ideally I would love a d7000 but given that I also want an 80-200 f2.8 lens (or more likely the tamron equivalent as it is supposed to be even better and cheaper) I don't think I can afford both. Looking at a 2nd hand d90 from a colleague as a stepping stone for the interim. Oh the lack of money is not good...

If only photography wasn't such an expensive past time! I looked at the D7000 but ended up buying a mirror less samsung nx11, I haven't picked up my Nikon D80 since I bought it. I really want to sell my Tamron lens (18 - 250) but after paying $800 and looking at them on ebay and realising they are only worth $400 its a bit hard to take. :laugh: I have only used it about 5 times and now i really want to buy a 30mm for my Samsung! Anyway good luck.

I would love to buy this and actually learn to take good photographs! My money is shite at too because I'm paying out a lot of medical bills at present so can't take up this great offer. I hope someone else does.

Huga I thought you were at the awards last Sat night - I went up to a beautiful young woman who had her hair rolled up and said "Are you Huga?" She thought I was asking "Are you a hugger?" and proceeded to stand up and give me the softest hug!

Apologies for the OT....

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

I would love to buy this and actually learn to take good photographs! My money is shite at too because I'm paying out a lot of medical bills at present so can't take up this great offer. I hope someone else does.

Huga I thought you were at the awards last Sat night - I went up to a beautiful young woman who had her hair rolled up and said "Are you Huga?" She thought I was asking "Are you a hugger?" and proceeded to stand up and give me the softest hug!

Apologies for the OT....

Bahahaha! Awesome. What awards? I was watching the QPPA judging last Saturday and then ate chocolate and drank vodka on Saturday night to drown my sorrows :o

.... selling the old stuff .... Nikon D70 body

You're stronger than me DC, I couldn't bring myself to sell My D70 though I hardly use it.

So it's a 'spare' setup with a macro lens I don't use often - but I keep the battery charged and it does save a lens change when I want to use it.

I didn't upgrade hugely, have a D80 and D90 - they do everything I want, the D90 is good for low noise, so I try to suppress the wish for a D7000.

Your set-up is a great buy for anyone wanting to start off in DSLR without breaking the bank.

Yeh its a great entry level one that is easy to learn on. I did have a d40 for a short time before this but was pretty inexperienced when I bought this one, it has taught me everything I know :)

While you are learning you can leave it on auto settings which means it is not really any different to a point and shoot, then you start to experiment as you get more confident and learn more. My mum has my d40 and 4 years later still only uses auto settings and she gets some great shots with hers. It has all the same auto settings you get with a point and shoot (auto, portrait, landscape, sport, etc) and in all honesty you could get by with never moving past those if you wanted.

Apologies for the OT....

Bahahaha! Awesome. What awards? I was watching the QPPA judging last Saturday and then ate chocolate and drank vodka on Saturday night to drown my sorrows :o

The MDBA awards. As they were in Brissie I assumed it was you!

Apologies again for the OT.

Apologies for the OT....

that's really cute, and funny! :laugh: