5 Day Old Puppies Crying

**Super_Dogs**

Thanks hilaryo.

Thanks for the tip about months open - I thought that was a bit odd.

Wen you toilet them do you use a wet cotton wool ball?

Anything will do! A wet one or wash cloth but run it under warm water, although you don't have to. Wipe it gently around from between the legs through to the anus for a couple of minutes. If they need to go they stop fighting and start sort of pushing.

90% humidity, yukkk! because they couldn't regulate their own temps i was worried i would freeze the poor little things by putting towels down and fans on them, but not as much as i was worried they would cook in that horrible heat, with the wet towels down they would all crawl up and lay on them and then would be sounds asleep, nothing worse than crying pups and your wondering if they're hungry, are they sick, coliccy, oh no they're hot and bothered

Without aircon, which I don't have, it is hard to get a good temp for the babies. The fan is not over the top of the whelping box, So it just helps keeping air moving. The good thing about the towel is if they are cold they can move off it. It is amazing though, I put them on the towel and crying stops instantly.