Australian Obedience Team At Crufts 2012?

Interesting to look at the scores and see in the video that Petra's lab sat outside the box. Obviously its not considered a huge fault because they don't appear to have lost many marks. I do like there scoring system where you just lose points you don't actually fail an exercise outright especially when it comes to stays :laugh:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to look at the scores and see in the video that Petra's lab sat outside the box. Obviously its not considered a huge fault because they don't appear to have lost many marks. I do like there scoring system where you just lose points you don't actually fail an exercise outright especially when it comes to stays :laugh:

I thought the same, Ness.

Where did the other dogs with poorer scores end up??????

I am the editing queen!! I mean no disrepect to any the trainers, handlers and dogs effort with the above statement.

I have failed on multiple occasions at retrieving trials. It all seems so easy, until we are standing next to our dog. Lucky its character building to fail...I must be full of character!!!

Edited by Lablover

Petras dog scorzed a 2.5 for its sendaway (if i remember) another dog did the same and scored a 14.00, no discredit to petra, they deserved the win but the judge was hard to predict what he liked.

Petras dog scorzed a 2.5 for its sendaway (if i remember) another dog did the same and scored a 14.00, no discredit to petra, they deserved the win but the judge was hard to predict what he liked.

Only one judge. Makes you wonder if two...would be more worthwhile, especially at this level.

I want PAX's autograph!! I am so thrilled for you. I am sure everyone is.

1331722311[/url]' post='5763262']
1331722058[/url]' post='5763251']

Only one judge. Makes you wonder if two...would be more worthwhile, especially at this level.

I want PAX's autograph!! I am so thrilled for you. I am sure everyone is.

Lol...xxx, a glass of wine with you would a thrill.

Did the team sleep.

By crickey, on my first trip to the US to watch their field labradors at prenational training and an amateur national, I was so excited, I could not sleep a wink. Even with a wine or two under my belt.

Again, I salute the whole team. What a wonderful effort. Fantastic memories I am sure. Nerves of steel - I serious competing down fall of mine, from time to time. Centre of attention thingo!!!

I am visiting Menai - (spelling)Police complex, next month, with my labs. Happy to catch up!!!

Edited by Lablover

Did the team sleep.

By crickey, on my first trip to the US to watch their field labradors at prenational training and an amateur national, I was so excited, I could not sleep a wink. Even with a wine or two under my belt.

A "wine or two" .... is that ALL??? :laugh:

Again, I salute the whole team. What a wonderful effort. Fantastic memories I am sure. Nerves of steel ...

Me too :D :thumbsup:

The UK rules/exercises are different.The world cup is a big party, all the teams give cards and presents to one another, its a fab experience, even got Belg chocs from theBelgiam team:)

Pax how far apart were the sendaway markers? (I mean the distance between the markers) I saw the black tubs but it was hard to judge the distance due to the telephoto effect of the video. They looked a lot closer together on the dog Championship but again it could be an optical illusion.

1331777296[/url]' post='5763877']

Pax how far apart were the sendaway markers? (I mean the distance between the markers) I saw the black tubs but it was hard to judge the distance due to the telephoto effect of the video. They looked a lot closer together on the dog Championship but again it could be an optical illusion.

At a guess probably two metre squared. The Champ round had only two front markers and a box (white tape) on the ground behind.

Here you go this is the lab that won:

Thanks for the link! Nice dog!!!! thumbsup1.gif

That's interesting on the size as I know of a couple of Labs that do agility that jump 500, which means they are shorter than that (and also shorter than Kaos, who jumps 600).

Mine appear to have long legs, but in actual fact they are only 53cm, so under standard. I don't think there are very many Labs that I've seen in real life that make the standard confused.gif

I could Email photos, if you would be send your address via PM. It would take me forever adding to thread, and not appropriate?

Hi Lablover, I would REALLY love to see photos of your dogs!! Please!

Yes, I would love too see photos too!

:heart: the american field lab at crufts :love:

My lab is 57cm at the withers, I always think of her as being small but she is taller than the standard allows (but still not what I would classify as a large dog). She also appears to have long legs and a lighter build.

Well done to PAX and Prix, what an amazing team :thumbsup:

Nice to see some other breeds apart from BCs :p

Already commented elsewhere but great work Pax. You should be thrilled with how he worked :thumbsup:. Lovely performance and pretty impressive to travel to the other side of the world and jump off a plane only a few days earlier and work that nicely.