People Breeding Dogs With Papered Pets With 'prefix'

Missymoo

Sorry to be a pain, but is there a link to those new guidelines so that I can have a read?

I have to admit, if my breed of choice was any type of poodle and likely to end up pumping out any "doodles" I would not be overly eager to main register, or even let any pups leave my place without being altered first.

On the other hand, I might be inclined to completely stop breeding, as no entire dog or bitch of that breed can be totally safe from such a fate unless sold to friends and family (and even this may not be a guarantee) and pups obviously need to be acertain age to be altered. You cannot keep them all indefinately

Why is there no legislation in place prohbting the sale of puppies and kittens in pet shops?

Putting them on limited doesntstop doodle breeders they dont care if it has main or limited they cant register their pups with the CC so it makes no difference

The ONLY thing putting pups ouT with limited register does is stop REGISTERED BREEDERS breeding them and selling them as registered pups.

Agreed Asal. If people are looking to cash in on a breed or designer crossbreed...they look for the cheapest animal they can find that resembles the breed they are trying to farm, papers being irrelevant. That being said though, if one is not available I no doubt they will purchase a higher priced dog if it is the only option. A Limited registered one is as good as any...I dont necessarily think if it is not mains registered it means it will definitely not be bred from. Only those wanting to promote breed standard would respect what limited papers outline. I guess they see it (cost)as a temporary loss when they can in turn churn out pups of questionable breeding as they do no health testing...or if that doesnt work stud a dog out to other people doing the same. How as a breeder do you get to know a potential puppy buyer? You dont work that out in a single phone call or email. Its more than being able to afford a dog. Yes those two dogs look like poodles. The pups look cute Being cute doesnt really cut it in my opinion when you are looking to buy a companion for 15yrs. If thats how you go about getting a dog your really needing to reconsider doing some research. Do they have/carry pra? who knows. Do they have healthy mouths? who knows. Maybe be one of the dogs has a patella issue. Will you have support or comeback should your puppy get sick? I guess some breeds are harder to get...some have long waiting lists or breeders are reluctant to sell to certain prospective buyers for various reasons. Notably those breeds that are used for designer cross breeds. We do live in a world where instant gratification seems to be considered a right...I want..therefore I shall have.. Do the homework, make enquiries and learn about the breed. Attend shows. Just because a pup is limited register doesnt mean that automatically mean the rules change in selecting a placement.

Agreed Asal. If people are looking to cash in on a breed or designer crossbreed...they look for the cheapest animal they can find that resembles the breed they are trying to farm, papers being irrelevant. That being said though, if one is not available I no doubt they will purchase a higher priced dog if it is the only option. A Limited registered one is as good as any...I dont necessarily think if it is not mains registered it means it will definitely not be bred from. Only those wanting to promote breed standard would respect what limited papers outline. I guess they see it (cost)as a temporary loss when they can in turn churn out pups of questionable breeding as they do no health testing...or if that doesnt work stud a dog out to other people doing the same. How as a breeder do you get to know a potential puppy buyer? You dont work that out in a single phone call or email. Its more than being able to afford a dog. Yes those two dogs look like poodles. The pups look cute Being cute doesnt really cut it in my opinion when you are looking to buy a companion for 15yrs. If thats how you go about getting a dog your really needing to reconsider doing some research. Do they have/carry pra? who knows. Do they have healthy mouths? who knows. Maybe be one of the dogs has a patella issue. Will you have support or comeback should your puppy get sick? I guess some breeds are harder to get...some have long waiting lists or breeders are reluctant to sell to certain prospective buyers for various reasons. Notably those breeds that are used for designer cross breeds. We do live in a world where instant gratification seems to be considered a right...I want..therefore I shall have.. Do the homework, make enquiries and learn about the breed. Attend shows. Just because a pup is limited register doesnt mean that automatically mean the rules change in selecting a placement.

the only way someone can have a pet with the option of becoming interested in becomeing a breeder is if the breeder is prepared to let them have a breeding quality..NOTE NOT NECESSARILY A SHOW/CHAMPION QUALITY dog..now the new age is people at the shows are telling anyone with a main register dog or pup that if it cannot win enough challenges to become and australian champion they have the right to return the dog and get a refund.

nothing to do with health checks or anything else this is how warped the membership mindset is.

i even had a phone call one day from a show. in the presence of just about every exhibitor within earshot on speaker phone that they had a lady there with an adolescent pup that i bred which they ALL agreed could not be a purebred of its breed and the call was to advise me to return the money for the pup and take it back.

what i found completly hilarious was the fact that two of the people who had come to that conclusion and part of the speakerphone conversation had sold me the parents???????

so who listening to that sort of rubbish including me is ever going to risk selling a dog with any sort of papers in future eh?

Dogs NSW doesnt need peta to destroy it. their own members are doing a pretty good job all on their own.

dont you think?

Edited by asal

spotted on another forum.

anyone know if the figures quoted are correct?

will histroy record that backyarders hiding from the law will be the saviour of dogs into the future for those who do value having a real one even if its only available on the black market?

We have only ever had rescue dogs for as long as i can remember. The last time we did I remember ringing around even to find one and there was precious little to choose from.

Is this such a bad thing or indeed a huge problem? If so are not puppy farms the issue?

Is not the REAL ISSUE the mindset of such people who consider their dog a throw away commodity if it doesnt match the decor, inconvenient because they want a holiday and dont want to pay boarding???

Rather who whoever or wherever they got it?

How many disposables were rescues in the first place?

Maybe if there were no dogs available there wont be anywhere they can get one in the first place?

Those who actually value their dog, so what.

Let them live with a photo of what dogs used to look like.

Thats the only realistic way you are going to prevent the disposable people from getting a dog.

Stop everyone. you have to shut down rescues too if you are honestly serious about preventing these type of people.

Shut down breeders and you will shut down dogs altogether.

Rescue places dont breed, it only will take 5 to 7 years to eliminate all dogs of breeding age do you realise that?

Peta does

If the figures i heard are correct 15 years or more ago there were some 25,000 pedigree breeders in this country. apparently if correct 2,000 are no longer in just the past 12 months and now the national number remaining is 4,000.

In a country with how many million people?

Now if we are going to stop the throwaway society theres a lot of stuff they (and everyone else) shouldnt have access to anymore isnt there?

Interesting logic.

Punish the majority over the behaviour of what I for one so sincerely hope are the minority?

down to 4 and a half thousand registered purebred breeders Australia wide - dropped by about 2,000 in one year.

Numbers being bred don't sustain a gene pool but even worse when the numbers being bred are even more limited by limited register - its only a matter of time.

Couple that with a good flogging every where you look on the poor health of pedigreed dogs and breeders deciding on what is ethical based on what animal rights dictate - all over red rover.