My Dog Is Weird... She Thinks I Bought An Alpaca Home

Michelleva

My sheltie is acting very strangely over a bag of alpaca fleece I bought home today.. she's been sniffing it constantly and whining at it.. I'm convinced she thinks I bought an alpaca home..

Edited by Michelleva

wonder what Rommy would do if I got the sheep fleece out of the shed and brought it and the spinning wheel inside??

Its that herding instinct :laugh: .... Georgia must be wondering where the rest of the flock is and why can't she chase it around.

I have some bags of sheep fleece on the spare room that I'm storing for mum, whenever I go in there the dogs come in and sniff around VERY interested! I can only imagine the the scene if they got in there without me, wool all over the house in 2 minutes flat I reckon!

And I'm sure the Sheltie and the Aussie Shepherd would be very proud of themselves for sorting out those sheepies (eye roll)

Now the cats are onto the fleece and are also having a good sniff. I've put it in the garage for now, we don't need any farm animals in the house. LOL I was going to have a go at spinning it.. that should be an interesting excercise with all my pets hovering over it. :laugh:

And I agree its definitely the herding instinct.. she's probably confused why the smell isn't moving..

ETA - I officially an in love with alpaca's. The ones I met were so friendly and one was very dog like. She would come when called and got right up to my face, was happy to be patted. I also met a 5 day old baby, he was running around the yard like a little kid, just amazing animals.

Edited by Michelleva