Someone Sold Me A Pitbull Not A Cocker Spaniel

Atanquin

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, makes you wonder if he would recognise his own dog on the street if it ever got out or if he would call the pound about a dangerous dog on the loose?

I thought the whole story was pretty funny to start with, until I realized that many people will actually be unsure about the breed of a dog, so if they buy into the media garbage and see a short-haired dog in the street, they may also fall prey to some wrong assumptions.

Many people around here have never seen a Weimaraner before, and I have been asked if she is a member of a bully breed before, also if she is a mastiff, Great Dane was most common.

I think it is a little scary that the media buzz has managed to stick into this person's mind so much, that as he descends into mental "unsoundness", he remembers that pitbulls are "a danger to society" and all that rubbish, but not that a person came to his house and fixed his computer.... Makes me wonder if we will ever overcome this....

Just told OH apprently the guy is losing it a bit. OH fixes his computers and apprently he forgets he called OH to fix when he had already been there and fixed and will tell him not to bother coming as the computer is working again LOL!!!

Poor guy at least he has his dog as a companion.

Given that the bloke's comment was so far off the mark, I wondered if there was an outside chance of something cognitively wrong.

Good on you for checking with your OH & coming back to tell us.

I hope he's got a support system, like family & friends. This kind of thinking where associations don't match up....& where he's forgetting things....can make him very vulnerable.

Just told OH apprently the guy is losing it a bit. OH fixes his computers and apprently he forgets he called OH to fix when he had already been there and fixed and will tell him not to bother coming as the computer is working again LOL!!!

Poor guy at least he has his dog as a companion.

Given that the bloke's comment was so far off the mark, I wondered if there was an outside chance of something cognitively wrong.

Good on you for checking with your OH & coming back to tell us.

I hope he's got a support system, like family & friends. This kind of thinking where associations don't match up....& where he's forgetting things....can make him very vulnerable.

That's sad that he is so confused. :( Also could be problematic because so much is taken on face value when people say things.

I feel very sorry for the gentleman - he's obviously having some difficulties. I hope his family is looking after him. OP does he live near you? Can you check on him by any chance? (You mentioned he was 'old').

BTW zorro is just gorgeous! Great photo. :)

Don't worry I still get people saying Shelley is a labrador when she is a golden retriever. This one is funny had a lady say Missy my whippet is a tentifield terrier lol. I also had a guy say is Rascal a chihuahua cross kelpie lol his a pure chihuahua. Zorro is absolutely gorgeous love the smile on his face.

Guest lavendergirl

I feel very sorry for the gentleman - he's obviously having some difficulties. I hope his family is looking after him. OP does he live near you? Can you check on him by any chance? (You mentioned he was 'old').

BTW zorro is just gorgeous! Great photo. :)

Yes lets hope there is someone with some compassion who looks out for him.

Yer he has a son that lives around the corner from him that helps look after him :) OH said the son was good guy and didn't want him to go to a home. Which I thought was nice still feel bad about laughing but it was funny at the time and I had no idea

Poor guy....but still kind of alarming! When i had a pitty people assumed it was a lab cross :laugh:

We get it a lot with kodi because she is a mismarked toller with a lot if white around her head/chest/legs. The usual conversation is:

Them: oh what a cute dog! She's a border collie cross right?

Hubby (mutters to me): FFS just say yes and walk away

Me: no she is actually a (sigh) nova scotia duck tolling retriever

Them: a what?

Hubby (mutters): it doesn't matter!

Me: a toller. You might not have heard of them, they are still quite rare in aust

Them: no. It's clearly a border collie cross

Hubby: yeah, sure! Anyways, gotta go!

Me: no, she's a (sigh-honestly WHY do they have such a long name!) nova scotia duck tolling retriever. Purebred

Them: laughing, lady, I know dogs and someone is pulling your leg. There is no such thing as a troll retriever

Me: no, she's a....

Hubby (interrupts): oh hell we're late. Sorry but we've got to go (grabs me by the collar and hauls me away from the person who is now laughing saying 'i can't believe someone convinced that idiot she was buying a purebred trollers. Come on labradoodle let's go home')

:rolleyes: :banghead:

Edited by PuddleDuck

Poor guy....but still kind of alarming! When i had a pitty people assumed it was a lab cross :laugh:

We get it a lot with kodi because she is a mismarked toller with a lot if white around her head/chest/legs. The usual conversation is:

Them: oh what a cute dog! She's a border collie cross right?

Hubby (mutters to me): FFS just say yes and walk away

Me: no she is actually a (sigh) nova scotia duck tolling retriever

Them: a what?

Hubby (mutters): it doesn't matter!

Me: a toller. You might not have heard of them, they are still quite rare in aust

Them: no. It's clearly a border collie cross

Hubby: yeah, sure! Anyways, gotta go!

Me: no, she's a (sigh-honestly WHY do they have such a long name!) nova scotia duck tolling retriever. Purebred

Them: laughing, lady, I know dogs and someone is pulling your leg. There is no such thing as a troll retriever

Me: no, she's a....

Hubby (interrupts): oh hell we're late. Sorry but we've got to go (grabs me by the collar and hauls me away from the person who is now laughing saying 'i can't believe someone convinced that idiot she was buying a purebred trollers. Come on labradoodle let's go home')

:rolleyes: :banghead:

LOL tell them to google