Guess The Breed Again - Pippa Foster Pup

Staffyluv

I am going to guess Ridgeback X with maybe Bull Arab. She's very sweet! Maybe her new owners will get a DNA test so that they can know for sure.

Considering that the DNA database used wouldn't know a Bull Arab from a Bedlington Terrier, I doubt it. ;)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a gorgeous girl! Love that cheeky expression and the wrinkly forehead.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if she's only 10 kilos at 4 months, add some kelpie to the mix. My guess would be kelpie x ridgie x staffy x maybe lab?

She's a cutiepie whatever she is.

If that's a Stafford cross I'll eat my hat. She's one of those mega mix, pigging mixes gone wrong. Most likely a Greyhound , cross RR, cross, that was then bred to some mutt down the street. There is nothing Stafford about her, not her eyes, ears or expression. She's very "hound" like

I agree Pav..

Seeing her in the pound pics I thought maybe some there but having her here and taking better shots of her you can see there isn't any staffy in her

She is awfully cute and such a little sweetheart. She has a lovely temperament so far and is easy to train as well. Very people focused and loves the cuddles but she adores my Ziggy (can't say I blame her)...

Thanks for the input everyone... I was curious to see what others thought.

The main thing is she is safe, looking for her forever home and desexed...

Def Ridgie in there, she's a big solid girl for her age!!

Yep, she is going to be a big girl when she grows up..

She has the prettiest eyes and her coat is so soft..

Zig loves her and lets her chew on him all the time...

Def Ridgie in there, she's a big solid girl for her age!!

Yep, she is going to be a big girl when she grows up..

How funny, I thought 10 kilos was small for 4 months, but then I realised I was comparing her to large and giant breed pups. :o

I still think she'll only be about kelpie sized, and max out at about 22-25 kilos. I've seen heaps of pups that have this look, would love to know what the background really is. Those short tan coats have to come from somewhere, and I wouldn't have thought there were that many ridgies with negligent owners around to account for it, unless they are mutts bred from mutts bred from mutts...

She is a pretty girl. :)

She was really under weight when I got her and with exercise and good food she has gained 6kg in 2 weeks.. She looks awesome now, no hip bones showing, her coat is glowing and her eyes are so much brighter. She is a much happier and healthier dog.

I took her back to the vet yesterday as she had a lump on her neck and I thought it was a hematoma but turns out it was a vaccination lump...

The vet was amazed at how much of a difference we made in such a short time.

But that is why we do it, isn't it? :D

I will get some updated pics of her and post later as we have interest in her already and she is meeting a prospective new family on Saturday.

• 1 month later...