Pippa Foster Baby

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staffyluv how does Ziggy go after the foster dogs leave? My SBT girl is very involved with her first ever foster sibling and adores him. They have a mutual love fest really. I didn't think she'd be so attached to him but even seperating them for walks or outings causes angst (in both parties) already. Do you have to do anything special with Ziggy when his new buddies leave him?

I hadn't even thought of this being an issue.

Staffyluv how does Ziggy go after the foster dogs leave? My SBT girl is very involved with her first ever foster sibling and adores him. They have a mutual love fest really. I didn't think she'd be so attached to him but even seperating them for walks or outings causes angst (in both parties) already. Do you have to do anything special with Ziggy when his new buddies leave him?

I hadn't even thought of this being an issue.

He is usually a bit lost to begin with but we have play dates at the leash free park so he catches up with other dogs all the time.. Well he did before he forgot how to recall and now he is stuck home until we resolve whatever it is that he or me is doing wrong...

We just make sure that he gets lots of love and play time with us.. Which he does anyway.. I don't really change much, I usually integrate the new dog into our current routine, so he just goes back to his same routine but he gets more walks and play time as there is only one dog to amuse not two.

He is the same with the fosters.. It is abig love feat every morning down the hall way because they have spent the night apart. He sleeps on the end of my bed and Pippa sleeps in the crate next to the bed, they can see each other but sleep separately.. I did give her a couple of goes on the bed but being a puppy she wakes in the night and wants to play and Ziggy will alway oblige a playing puppy...

I will get some more pics on the weekend, she has grown so much in the short time she has been here... She hardly fits in my large crate..

I might see if anyone at ARF has a bigger one they can lend me while she is here...

• 3 weeks later...

Pippa has another interested family.. With a 2 year old Stafford and 3 kids...

I am going to take her for a meet and greet on 22nd April...

It is weird but I keep telling everyone all the naughty things she does instead of how very sweet she is... I think secretly I want to keep her but I know I can't.. :cry:

I will put some updated pics in to show how much she has grown and how incredibly beautiful she is now... She is going to be an absolute stunner when she is full grown...

Disclosure of the naughty habits is a good thing - at least the new family knows what they are getting into with a young and inquisitive dog... *grin*

Try to balance it out with a few of the outstandingly sweet things she does too, OK?

T.

• 2 weeks later...

Pippa is off to meet a prospective new family today.

They have 3 kids and a 2 year old male staffy...

I am always so conflicted when I take my fosters to meet families...

I want her to have a forever home but I don't want her to leave...

Pippy and Ziggy get on so well and she just adores him... I am sure she will adore any other dog that comes into her life, she is very friendly...

Wish us luck...

How odd.. I get tho the address in Kambah and to be honest, I really didn't like the look of the place..

I left Pip in the car and went to knock on the door. No one home... Upon looking over the fence, the neighbor sees me and says there is no one there and he hasnr seen anyone there for a few weeks...

Why would someone arrange a meeting at a house that has no one living at it?

If anyone wants the details of this person looking for a dog, let me know and i will PM it.. I think it is all a bit suss...

I agree, that's very odd Staffyluv. I wonder if it is somehow connected with that other incident where someone came in and fed your dogs. :shrug:

Was Ziggy left alone when you left to do the yard check? and does he seem ok now?

I agree, that's very odd Staffyluv. I wonder if it is somehow connected with that other incident where someone came in and fed your dogs. :shrug:

Was Ziggy left alone when you left to do the yard check? and does he seem ok now?

No. No connection... These people didn't know where I lived and I didn't tell them.. They are also on the other side of Canberra.

Nope Ziggy and Pippa are never left alone.. If I have no one to watch them they go up to our factory with my oldest son and the workers...

The house we went to yesterday looked like the tenants had just up and left.. There was a lot of stuff still laying around the yard and it was overgrown.. It could have been anything from rent runners to people feeing for their lives...

I didn't hang around, the neighbourhood was not my kind of place...