Ark Sciences Zinc Neutering

SwaY

I wonder of this will make it's way to Australia or is it already here?

Looks good from what I have seen so far.

While spermatogenesis stops within 3-4 days, there are sperm that remain in the epididymis and vas deferens for up to 30 days.

The dog is observed to be permanently sterile after 30 days.

I don't like where they put the tattoo. I wouldn't be wanting to search for it if the dog ends up in the pound. And interesting that they use zinc as zinc tablets is what people are told to use to help the testicles drop and stay down, amongst other things.

Sounds interesting, but I don't really get the point? I imagine if you are chemically neutering the dog, it will have the same effect on hormones, etc as surgically neutering it. Is it just to save an anaesthetic/surgery? I guess it will be a lot cheaper than surgery so perhaps make desexing more accessible for people with limited money. Perhaps be good for street dogs too.

Edited by Kirty

Sounds interesting, but I don't really get the point? I imagine if you are chemically neutering the dog, it will have the same effect on hormones, etc as surgically neutering it. Is it just to save an anaesthetic/surgery? I guess it will be a lot cheaper than surgery so perhaps make desexing more accessible for people with limited money. Perhaps be good for street dogs too.

and probably for blokes who want their dogs to keep their balls.

and probably for blokes who want their dogs to keep their balls.

So no shrinkage??

This is so so so awesome. Such an easy way to neuter males. In theory, should be cheaper than GA, and make it more accessible for those from lower socio-economic areas. Makes it a quicker procedure for shelters, who no longer have to set aside a lot of time to neuter boys (at least) - it can be wham-bam.

I don't like where they put the tattoo. I wouldn't be wanting to search for it if the dog ends up in the pound.

I agree, should be in the ear - maybe they normally tattoo on the belly?

Maybe it is a requirement to identify the animal as being chemically neutered, since to anyone not knowing it would appear entire.

Yes we agree with tattooing, but it's a weird place to put a tattoo.

Can you imagine having to lift up or flip over a Dane to see if it's tattooed, or a long coated dog.

Maybe it is a requirement to identify the animal as being chemically neutered, since to anyone not knowing it would appear entire.

Yes we agree with tattooing, but it's a weird place to put a tattoo.

Can you imagine having to lift up or flip over a Dane to see if it's tattooed, or a long coated dog.

I think Crisovar was seeing it as a way of determining if the dog is "Zeutered" and not an entire as opposed to castrated. What a dissapointment for those horrid dog theives who are intending to breed them!

Edited by LizT