Help!

deghj

Can sympathise, and can only reinforce what everyone else has said!

On litter training the kitten - I had one like that once and she ended up being confined to a large dog crate with 2 big litter trays this meant that there was no way she could miss. After a couple of weeks like that I took out one tray but she was still confined whenever I couldn't watch her. Any I treated her like a pup - carried and placed in litter tray after sleep/eat/play and about every 30 min - she eventually figured out it was the only place to go!

Oh yes, my dogs love the stuff too. Isn't it just totally gross?? I constantly worry because it cant be good for them.

Anyway, an important thing for you is to make sure you use litter that will not harm the dog - even in the litter tray you think the dog does not touch. If a dog eats bad litter - crystals for one example, it can be fatal. I use natural clay litter that is in coles and woolies - its in a orange type paper bag packaging - totally 100% natural.

I read on the large cat-world forum about a lady with a cat she just thought impossible to toilet train. She ended up with advice to get a certain litter. She did find that litter - I remember she said it smelled like lavendar and it worked like magic and now that cat is litter trained. It might be worth checking over there at cat-world. http://www.cat-world.com.au/

The people are very knowledgeable on all things cats. Just state the issue and mention this lavendar smelling litter than made all the difference to someone...see if anyone knows what it might be.

It's a lovely protein treat with singular attractiveness to dogs! :eat::vomit:

If you ever get to pick up some kitten poop, put it in the kitty litter tray, this will help scent it up for the kitten so she gets the idea of where she should be going.

Oh yes, my dogs love the stuff too. Isn't it just totally gross?? I constantly worry because it cant be good for them.

Anyway, an important thing for you is to make sure you use litter that will not harm the dog - even in the litter tray you think the dog does not touch. If a dog eats bad litter - crystals for one example, it can be fatal. I use natural clay litter that is in coles and woolies - its in a orange type paper bag packaging - totally 100% natural.

I read on the large cat-world forum about a lady with a cat she just thought impossible to toilet train. She ended up with advice to get a certain litter. She did find that litter - I remember she said it smelled like lavendar and it worked like magic and now that cat is litter trained. It might be worth checking over there at cat-world. http://www.cat-world.com.au/

The people are very knowledgeable on all things cats. Just state the issue and mention this lavendar smelling litter than made all the difference to someone...see if anyone knows what it might be.

OUr cavie once ate a whole tray of silica crystal cat litter in his cat poo pursuit :eek: , broke a lock on the door to get to it (but he also jumps six foot fences) We was soooo worried, as I know silica is toxic as it swells in the stomach. But he was absolutely fine, no symptoms whatsoever. LOL!! :confused: We have now changed to natural litter and our cat is tray trained but every now and then it wanders down into this tree area and poops. the dogs smell it as soon as we open the back door,and dig it up and there is no getting it off them!!!! I always correct, but to no avail, they just gulp it down. They love it.