Meat Grinders

sheena

I am thinking of getting a good quality electric meat grinder & sausage maker. We have our own private kills & want something that will do the job, both for human consumption & for the dogs, so it would need to be able to grind up chicken carcasses etc. Any suggestions ???? Not sure if this should be in "off topic", but I might post it there as well.

If you are doing large quantities i'd suggest you consider a commercial grinder/mincer. Butcher supply companies and also Italian grocers/markets are the two places where i have found larger grinder/mincers more in line with commercial grade. I've had experience with two domestic mincers/grinders that have sausage stuffer attachments but i'd be hard pressed getting chicken carcasses into the chute without cutting them down first.

Thanks for the reply, Suziwong. I think I would probably be looking at the best in the domestic range. Everytime we get a beast butchered, we never seem to have enough mince & sausages & frankly, I don't trust the butchers to give us back our own mince & sausages, which is important cause our beast's are organic. I could of course feed the dogs, whole pieces of steak, but they tend to gulp them down without chewing, but if I mix mince into their kibble, then they take their time to enjoy the flavours & it gives me something to disguise their tablets in ;) I think the commercial ones would be far too expensive for the amount of use it would get.