Help Me Choose My Next Lens

Kirislin

I'm pretty sure my Canon 50 1.4 is on its way out. I've already had the auto focus repaired once before, I wont do it again, but I like the lens very much. I am thinking about getting the Sigma 50mm, but I'm also thinking about the Sigma 30mm. Which one should I get, or should I just buy both? :laugh:

I know it's not a prime, but how about the Sigma 17-70? I've been very pleased with mine since I got it, a very versatile lens :)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/670047-REG/Sigma_668101_17_70mm_F2_8_4_DC_Macro.html

Edit to change link from Nikon to Canon :laugh:

well you kinda read my mind, I'm also thinking about either that one or the 24-70 because it can be fixed at 2.8 which I really like.

I adore my Siggy 30 1.4 but honestly I don't use it as much as I should. It's just a touch too wide sometimes.

If you love the 50 focal length, get the Siggy - you won't be happy with the compromise on having a zoom but no 1.4 whichever way you jump on the zoom.

And I personally don't like the 24-70, 2.8 or not ;)

Of course, if you can afford both the 30 and the 50, do it :D

I wanna get the 30 for my new Samsung it's been touted as the most fav amoung users. I'm with Kia, get both 30 and 50, I read else where and I think it was Huga who said she's had both 1.4 and 1.8 and doesn't notice a lot of difference, so go 1.8 as its cheaper as a compromise and get the 30 too!