I Like Water!

kja

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a frame I took from a video clip. Shot this yesterday while snorkeling after playing with the whale sharks. Not too shabby for a baby camera film clip still, I think

MAR12_185kja.jpg

hmm, something weird has happened to it posting here...

Edited by kja

What did the mean frogfish get you with, do they just ram their bodies into you?

I had no idea they would do that. Never had one do anything but hide deeper in his hole! I assume he swam at me and rammed me with head or body full speed but I didn't see the hit. Just felt it!

• 2 weeks later...

Went snorkeling with my housemates at one of the most popular tourist spots yesterday. We had a good time and saw some neat stuff.

My housemate snorkeling with a good sized cowtail ray

APR12_118kja.jpg

Nudibranch egg spiral

APR12_122kja.jpg

Thought the conditions would suck for snorkeling in Exmouth Gulf yesterday because we're on big tides so I expected ripping current and dirty water. Was totally surprised to find almost no current and beautiful clear water! Glad I took the chance :) Spent just over an hour watching 1000s of fishes (I don't think I've ever seen so many fish in this area), a couple of teensy nudibranchs, the most amazingly patterned sting ray, very cool hermit crabs of all colours & sizes and a little cat shark that my friend found tucked up in a hole. Excellent way to spend an afternoon after the boat breaking down in the morning and sinking our hopes for a dive!

Stingray (not sure what kind)

APR12_136kja.jpg

Hermit crab scene

APR12_137kja.jpg

up close hermit

APR12_138kja.jpg

cat shark (again, not sure what species)

APR12_139kja.jpg

Panasonic TS3