Breed Id Required

Well, the French Tibbie breeder just added to what people have said already. Bit far from Lhasa Apso. And his dimensions would fit an adult Tibetan Terrier....but there's no way of knowing if his coat has been cut (the coat distribution being a dead give-away for a TT).

Her general impression was 'Terrier Mix' but nothing is clear about what went into any mix.

I agree with T that dogs can turn out looking like, or not looking like, all sorts of things.

People I know own a little dog called Coco. They get stopped in the street by often knowledgeable people who admire their 'Tibbie'. Coco does indeed look like a typical Tibbie. But they know Coco's background.....from a long line of Nature's Mixbreeds in their small country town.

Not a whiff of a tibbie anywhere.

Edited by mita

It's amazing what the genetic lottery can throw. There are a lot of terrier mixes around with all sorts of coat types and body shapes.

The dog that starred as "Benji" (started his career in the series Petticoat Junction) was reported to have been a cocker spaniel (presunably American) cross poodle with zero terrier in him but he ended up with a terrier look and a silky coat. however most of these mixes are rarely F1 crosses anyway.

I have a rescue here at the moment that was sold to her previous owner as an "Australian Terrier" :eek: ( which may be one of the few breeds that she doesn't have in her!:laugh: ) see her pic below:

417426_251570618262069_100002273997974_603488_672745134_n.jpg