Puppy And Toddler

Paula89

You wont like what i have to say ................. Sorry but both children and dogs have to learn boundaries.....

You will no doubt be placing loads of rules and boundaries on your puppy.

Your child should accept restraints without it being a drama - toddlers do not need to have full access to everything.

There is nothing wrong with teaching a child to have a playground area and this is where he will stay while you have things you need to do. What do you do when you need to go to the toilet, on the phone, have a shower, answer the door. Remember to that perhaps there are areas you wish to keep a child from either for practical reasons or safety.

Lol thanks for the advice alpha bet, but I'll take my parenting advice from people I know and trust and who know me and my son.

:thumbsup: I think you may have had a bit of Parenting experience since your son is 20 months ;)

sounds like your off to a great start with the puppy too.

It's not a matter or whether I like it or not. I just don't take parenting advice from people who read a few sentences and think they know me or how I parent. You have assumed my son has full access to anything he likes in my house. You are wrong. And i have managed to answer the phone, front door and take showers for the last 20 months without any problems. My child is perfectly safe, but thanks for your assumptions.

It's not a matter or whether I like it or not. I just don't take parenting advice from people who read a few sentences and think they know me or how I parent. You have assumed my son has full access to anything he likes in my house. You are wrong. And i have managed to answer the phone, front door and take showers for the last 20 months without any problems. My child is perfectly safe, but thanks for your assumptions.

Hey Paula89 I think the comment re your child having boundaries was not meant to be a personal one re parenting. You said in your original post that you were not sure what to do if pup does a motion inside re taking baby downstairs or what..Having a seperate area for baby to go when you can't watch 24\7 if pup is inside would be what I would do also, not only for toilet accidents but puppies have sharp teeth :-)

Ha reminds me when the twins were babies we had a gunea pig and one of mine stuck her finger in the wee and straight in the mouth they are so quick :-)

It is great to read that your pup has not had a motion accident inside, we have been lucky also that Rogue actually hasn't had an accident at all inside but I am very happy about poos :-)

Sounds like things are coming along well for you all..

Edited by mumof4girls