Fun With A Torch

gapvic

A friend gave me a heap of older camera magazines to read, and I came across a technique of making shapes etc with torches. It was heaps of fun! As you can see, I can't draw very well :o . And I need a smaller torch.

If anyone wants me to type up the instructions here as to how to do this just let me know and I'd be happy to do so :)

6840795859_0e7c4618a8_z.jpg

6840796505_975b3400d6_z.jpg

6840795087_c3271e2d9d_z.jpg

Painting/writing with light is so cool,I love it. One of the first pics I'd ever seen of light painting was a pic the Jules Luvs cavs OH did for her for her birthday, it was so awesome, he wrote happy birthday Jules and it was in a park somewhere. It's always stuck in my mind. I've done some painting with light with the dogs when the have been asleep. I think a while back there was a light painting challenge,it was fun.

KumaAkita, the instructions in the magazine were to use a spot with some ambient light if possible. Use a torch to shine where you want the camera to focus, use auto focus then lock. Set ISO to 100, f11, and shutter on "bulb". Use your remote to open the shutter, walk into the frame, turn your torch on and start making shapes. You can go for as long as you like. If you want to move to another shape, turn the torch off, move, on again and start making your shape. Once you are done use your remote to end the shot. They also suggested putting coloured plastic over your torch to make the light different colours. Hope that all makes sense! Heaps of fun :D