Itchy Dog

dasha

Just a thought - do the dogs have access to oily rags that they play with or drink water from containers that have had oil in them that have filled up with water when raining?

Last year Maddy's owners were pulling their hair out with the allergies that she developed suddenly. They own a boat yard and we were trying to figure out what caused it. They spent heaps an natural therapy, elimination diets and tests only to discover it was the rags the men kept in their pockets to wipe the oil from their hands that they were playing tug games with. She cleared up fast when they stopped playing with their oily rags and used her allocated rags. She was a bugger for demanding play so they used what ever they had on them.

It's a long shot but thought it was worth mentioning.

Andisa their water drinking things are filled with tank water or rain. The only buckets that catch water for them are off the roof of their little shed but their is nothing on the roof there.

I have little bites on me too and last night when in their shed preparing the food, I felt a bite and I looked and found a tiny little insect, a bit bigger than a flea. It had a black head and tan wings. I am thinking it may have something to do with it as the dogs scratching the most sleep in the shed there or are the ones in it the most. The horse stands opposite the driveway next to the shed so maybe that it what it is.

Iam going to catch one and send it to the entomologists at work to see what it is.

Sandflies? they are tiny and bite ..and leave red marks which take a while to go.they can also get infected.

sand%20fly.jpg

And for any biting insects you should immediatly apply advantix. It is the only registered product that kills AND MORE IMPORTANTLY repels flies (of all descriptions including horse flies ect) mozzies fleas ticks (all types) lice and horse flies, ect ect. It has an immediate affect, and works 100% for 1 month. DOG USE ONLY Do not apply to cats. (safe for dogs and cats that live together though. Separate at time of application). Great for use on dogs that have fly bitten ears too.

It is gentle on itchy dogs and very safe.