Lure Coursing - Nsw

Hmmm... might see if I can get there too!

:eek:

sooo.. fully fenced, where are the other dogs when it's your turn? close by? just coz Radar is shy and I think he may be a wuss and try and hide behind me :(

But then again, he was chasing his toy like a loony last night at obedience... :rainbowbridge::rainbowbridge:

he Bill Spilstead Complex for Canine Affairs, is fully fenced property id say there gonna have temporary fencing up for the lure coursing area

• 2 weeks later...

Unsure whether I can make it now .......

Yound Spud keeps slipping his Patella , we are going to a vet on Thursday that to get x-rays etc.

I am crossing fingers and toes that all is ok and Lure Coursing is a Goer!!!

Myszka it normally starts at midday. Its right down the back of Erskine Park behind the Jack Russell/earth dog area.

Paula Canberra, FHR and I will be coming. :rolleyes: Look for a maroon Citroen Berlina (FHR) and a blue magna wagon (me, Paula and poodles) with ACT plates...

Its such fun - make sure you bring a camera!

Look for a maroon Citroen Berlina (FHR) and a blue magna wagon (me, Paula and poodles) with ACT plates...

And me crying "stop the music!!!! stop the singing!!!!!" :rofl::(:):laugh:

Can't wait to go, looking forward to watching the action (dogless this time) :rolleyes:

Oh if its midday I will come as well than - providing it is not as hot as it was last weekend!

Look out for a charcoal Land Rover Discovery with a NSW yellow rego and a black and tan dobe

He might have to run by himself - doesnt like other males at all. Or maybe there will be a girl to run with him???

So, do you say that there will be enough fencing that he cant get out and be a danger to other dogs?

The entire paddock is fenced however, whilst there is a 'catching area', people and dogs waiting to run are up in the hill - probably no more than 30 feet away from the starting position at worst. Most people waiting to run are lined up fairly close together although this doesn't have to be the case.

Is he dog aggressive? Personally, if he is, I wouldn't run him - you have got seriously excited dogs there so the atmosphere is quite charged at times. Whilst they do chase the lure away from the other dogs and the catching area is further away, accidents can happen. Maybe you could come out and see for yourself?

He's probably better off running on his own - most dogs do unless they know the other's running well.

Can't wait :rolleyes: My arms will be pulled off my cockers. They will be the ones barking their heads off consistently

I have a blue holden commodore station wagon. 2 cockers and 4 JRT's..

Will keep an eye out for poodles and ACT number plates!

Poodlefan - thanks

he doesnt like entire males, however if given a female friend will concentrate on her and forget the rest of the world. Chasing a lure with a female would be like heaven to him.

I hope that one of my friends will come as well so our dogs can run together.

He is fairly obiedient and will come when called. 30ft =10-15 m that is far enough.

I will come and watch and than if he is Ok I will run him.

Last thing I would want is to put another dog in a dangerous position.

What if I muzzle him just in case?

Maybe I can go last?

anyway - I will most likely come, than will see if he is behaving well enough.

Bring the muzzle - better safe than sorry and others will no doubt appreciate your caution. :(

Maverick - listen for the screaming Vizsla - that will be FHR's Rogan beside himself with excitement. The squeaking white toy poodle will be my Lily although despite her excitement, she has yet to complete a course. :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see if Darcy can run without falling over this time.