Dog Crates

Rilla-My-Rilla

I'm very happy with the Vebo crate I purchased. It came from Sydney - postage was fine and cheaper than anything I've seen in Melbourne. I don't travel with it much (although it has transported a couple of goats!) and it looks as good as new.

ETA: I should add that both my dogs are very soft on crates.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

I purchased one through EBay - found it was strong enough to suit my needs and as a bonus had a metal tray. If you check out the pet shops to gauge the size and get an idea of price you can check out the EBay and online stores -some even have specials with free postage.

I have two from Vebo. The service was great and price and postage quite reasonable IMO. As for the crates, one has been in the back of my car for the past 3 months and is used daily by my Malinois pup. The other is used in the house for an adult Ridgeback. I'd say they would hold up to a BC pretty well :)

K9 pro is releasing some new crates next week too. I've no idea of the price but they look pretty good.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/K9-Pro-The-K9-Professionals/118920428118492

418380_365262180150981_118920428118492_1566436_954069963_n.jpg

http://k9pro.com.au/

We recently purchased a wire crate from Vebo but found that the plastic tray was far more flimsy than the one by the TFH brand from Petstock. We've actually ordered a replacement TFH brand tray and will use that instead. The handle on the Vebo crate is also not as sturdy so we are using a TFH brand handle instead.

If you have a dog that isn't hard on crates, Vebo would be ok, esp for the price. The door height on the Vebo crate is higher than the TFH brand so if you are buying a generic crate cover, that might be something to take into consideration. Whilst the quality of the wire and workmanship in the crates are the same, I feel that the TFH brand tray and handle are of far better quality and if we need to purchase another crate, we'll go TFH even though it is more expensive.

If you live in Perth outside the metro area, make sure Vebo do not send it via TNT because TNT subcontract the delivery and the subcontractor......well lets just say we will never use the TNT subcontractor again for delivery to our area. Vebo do have another company they can use if you request it.

Edited by Dxenion

We recently purchased a wire crate from Vebo but found that the plastic tray was far more flimsy than the one by the TFH brand from Petstock. The handle on the Vebo crate was also weaker. If you have a dog that isn't hard on crates, Vebo would be ok, esp for the price. If you live in Perth outside the metro area, make sure Vebo do not send it via TNT because TNT subcontract the delivery. We had a horrible experience with their subcontractor before Christmas.

You can buy replacement steel trays from memory. Not sure who sells them but I'm sure I have seen them on eBay before??

I'm very happy with the Vebo crate I purchased. It came from Sydney - postage was fine and cheaper than anything I've seen in Melbourne. I don't travel with it much (although it has transported a couple of goats!) and it looks as good as new.

Mine are quite hard on their crates and the vebo ones are still going strong!

Shipping was very reasonable

That's good to know! When you have a working line pup who has never even looked like chewing a soft crate I figure it's a good idea to point that out :laugh:

Agree - shipping was excellent.

That's good to know! When you have a working line pup who has never even looked like chewing a soft crate I figure it's a good idea to point that out :laugh:

Agree - shipping was excellent.

They lasted an Adult Finnish Lapphund tantrum (she did manage to bend some wires and I don't have to cable tie these ones to keep her in :rofl: ), and 4 adolescent Kelpie at flyball tantrums!! I am more than happy to recommend them. The only damage has been by the Lappie to the plastic floor so I just use a thick bed in her crates.

Have heard good things about these ones and am planning on buying a few when I can afford them to replace some of my older semi-destroyed ones. Definitely the cheapest good quality ones that you can get, even cheaper than vebo and free shipping Aus wide!

36" dog crate

We have bought a few of their soft crates (as have other DOLers) and they are a really good quality and no difference between them and our expensive brand ones. I have heard that it is the same with their wire crates- no difference in quality to those more expensive ones.

Have heard good things about these ones and am planning on buying a few when I can afford them to replace some of my older semi-destroyed ones. Definitely the cheapest good quality ones that you can get, even cheaper than vebo and free shipping Aus wide!

36" dog crate

We have bought a few of their soft crates (as have other DOLers) and they are a really good quality and no difference between them and our expensive brand ones. I have heard that it is the same with their wire crates- no difference in quality to those more expensive ones.

Oooh so tempting :o