Do You Refer To Yourself As Your Dog's Mum/dad?

RubyStar

Do you refer to yourself as your dog's mum/dad?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Do you refer to yourself as your dog's mum/dad and/or they are your kids?

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't really thought about it either way

Don't refer to myself as mum. However I call my girls "baby girl". (my boy gets called big boy not baby boy as he is so much bigger than the girls).

I have one of my girls real fur mum.............so I say to her where your mummy. :laugh:

Edited by buddy1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do! Even the people at work refer to the day I got Benny as the day I became a Mum :)

And I'm a proud little Mum at that :D

My family sent presents from 'Nanny and Poppy' and 'Auntie and Uncle' :laugh: My Sister's JRT is 12 and has always been refered to as the same too haha

When I'm talking to the dogs, yes. ie. "Daddy's home!" but to others no :o :laugh:

Yea, that's how it is for us too.

Same here. When talking to them I say Mummy or Daddy but I never ever say that in front of anyone other than the OH and if I'm talking about them to someone else I use their names or say "the dogs", I never say they are my kids or use the term furkid.

Our daughter is married with her own OH and kids, and because her OH is not an animal lover neither are the kids, so we very rarely see them. Our dogs are our "kids" and we always refer to ourselves as "mum or "dad". When the dogs have their baths, I say to them, go and show "dad" how pretty you are. Or if OH calls one of them, I say "dad" wants you, or vise versa.

I say "did your daddy take good care of you?" to Elsie when my partner looks after her and I am out.

And partner says "go to mummy" to get her to find me

Elsie also goes to stay at "grandma and grandpas" some weekends :)

I do. I try to limit it in public though. OH will talk to them like children at home, but he wouldn't dare do it in public. Me, well they already know I'm nuts lol.

They don't go visit grandma and grandpa though.. i just can't bring myself to say that.

Edited by Bundyburger

I class them as my babies :) Only 21 so don't want any other kind of babies :laugh:

But my OH step mum is Grandma! She loves the babies and buys them birthday and Christmas presents :) She wants her own dog but Grandpa won't let her so she is currently living that want through mine which they very much enjoy :D

Yep, we're Mummy and Daddy, "There's your Mummy" Daddy's home!" and the like have them running to the door :)

My Mum is Nanna, they know who Nanna is too, if I tell them she is coming over. :D

I don't really call them my kids though. They're "the hounds".

Sadly yes, we are Mum and Dad and my husband refers to the 3 of them collectively as "the children" (eg "Good morning children, who is going out with Mum to agility today and who is staying with Dad") but I call them "the girls". We also have Grandma and a few close dog owning friends who are "Auntie". We also have a cat but the same rules don't apply to her for some reason!

I never really did before, as my Dalmation I got when I was 12 so I was too young in mind & all that to technically be a mum anyway :) not to mention my mum is a pretty serious person & I guess to her that kind of thing is ridiculous (not my opinion just an observation of why I normally wouldn't) but with my Crested I do now, & only because of my boyfriends mum who wwe stayed with in sydney when I went to pick my little ma up, she started calling me his mum & it kinda caught on, I don't think I do it when we are out & about but when I'm at home & do, & yes the rest of the animalss (3 cats & now second dog) all get refered to joking as the fur kids, we don't have real kids yet though so they may be acting as surrogates till that time but I reckon they will still remain as the fur kids :)

No. I have enough children calling me mum already.

Yes. I treat them like children to a degree but not exactly the same obviously. I do call puppies my babies but if they called me mum I would :dropjaw:

Edited by Christina

Yep I call mine my babies. sometimes not always wen OH gets home its daddies home! My sister is their aunty and my bro in law is their uncle lol and they have grandparents too and my parents in law call them their grand puppies lol.

But in every day convos they r my pups :-) and fur kids

Edited by dandybrush

I will say things to the dogs like "where's dad?" and "come to mum". Pretty sure I don't say it to anyone else though, though someone laughed at me at a show when I said to Halo "look, Dad's coming!" :laugh: OH mum calls them her grand-dogs and says she's their nan, though she'll be nan to our skin-baby when it's born.