Do You Refer To Yourself As Your Dog's Mum/dad?

RubyStar

Do you refer to yourself as your dog's mum/dad?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Do you refer to yourself as your dog's mum/dad and/or they are your kids?

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't really thought about it either way

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I even take it one step further and refer to my parents as their "Nanny and Gramps". When I'm home and about to visit them, I will tell them we're going to Nanny and Gramps' now!

Yep I call my parents the dogs 'Mardi' and 'Pa' but it's because my mum started it :rofl: They have grandkids from my older brother and my 'fur kids' get thrown in the same boat - they're all grandkids to mum and dad :D

Goes without saying I call them my kids... every day I get home I say 'hi kids' and ask them if they love their mumma :laugh:

PS. My mum even buys my dad and I birthday and Christmas cards from the dogs. They're ususally cards with similar looking dogs on the front :rofl:

Wilbur is my bubba and i'm his mumma; crazy as accused :laugh: . I have 5 children of varying degrees of furriness (two of my boys are now departed): my first a GS boy Keiran, my second miss22, my third miss19, my fourth a yellow lab Casper and my fifth, Wilbur a choc lab. Wilbur is oft told to 'go to dad' or 'go to sissy' :D

I don't refer to my own dog as my child or myself as her mum but I do refer to other people's dogs as being their kids and say stuff like "there's your mum" etc at work which is a bit hypocritical I guess.

I also call my dog my "baby" when talking to her eg. Hi baby girl, whose a good baby girl etc

But I don't refer to her as my baby if talking about her to others if that makes sense

Yep guilty of this too LOL. I'm their mum and they are my baby girls LOL.

And hey I take the dog to school, I buy her snacks, and great food, she's exercised every day, we do training sessions and I swear I ask them( I have a dog and a cat) if they love there mum everyday. :rofl: :rofl:

I don't have human kids and my pets are so spoilt anyone would think they were a human kid the amount of money I spend of them but they are worth it.

I do :)

She's our "baby", my mum would rather me wait a few more years til having my own children anyway (20yrs old) so she's quite happy to call Cleo my baby as well!

I just get confused when Im at mum and dad's house, I obviously call them Mum and Dad, and I don't want to call them Nanny and Poppy to my dog (they have real grandchildren and Cleo wouldn't know the word anyway). So I just get lost if I'm telling Cleo to go to my parents, as I don't use their first names =]

Doesn't matter really, she only sees them once a week.