Dogs Stolen - Facebook & Twitter Help Needed

Sheridan

Was hoping those with Facebook and Twitter accounts could help out a FB friend. Catherine is a Junior Handler from Ireland. Her dogs, Tipp (wire fox terrier) and Bullet (welsh terrier), were stolen from a backyard in Enniscorthy, County Wexford, Ireland. Catherine does really well showing Tipp and her friends are trying to get the word out. If you have a Facebook and/or Twitter account, can you share the Facebook page link about Tipp and Bullet being stolen and ask your friends/followers to also share. I know Catherine is not Australian and no one here will know her but she's kid who wants her dogs back and social media can really help get the word out. You'll need to log into Facebook to see the link.

Facebook link

Edited by Sheridan

I don't know if this information would help Catherine, in Ireland.

Recently 6 show tibetan spaniels were stolen from their breeders' property in the UK. Nice ladies, two retired school teachers.

A Facebook page was set up which attracted many people and networking started in earnest.

Soon police received information that pointed to a Travellers' (Gypsies) camp 25 miles away. Gradually, 5 of the tibs were found (one still tied up in the camp). The extensive publicity led to a vet nurse checking the microchip of a small dog that'd been sold on. Proved to be the last tib.

Incidentally, one early police theory was that the dogs would be spirited away to ireland. Seems there's some interchange with stolen dogs.

I wonder if the 2 UK tibbie breeders would have any tips or resources to share with Catherine (another site called DogWatchAlert was also used).

All 6 returned since publication of this article. But it illustrates the kind of networking that helped.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2080556/Online-pet-detective-solve-case-stolen-spaniels-retrieve-dogs-outside-travellers-camp.html

Edited by mita

I don't know if this information would help Catherine, in Ireland.

Recently 6 show tibetan spaniels were stolen from their breeders' property in the UK. Nice ladies, two retired school teachers.

A Facebook page was set up which attracted many people and networking started in earnest.

Soon police received information that pointed to a Travellers' (Gypsies) camp 25 miles away. Gradually, 5 of the tibs were found (one still tied up in the camp). The extensive publicity led to a vet nurse checking the microchip of a small dog that'd been sold on. Proved to be the last tib.

Incidentally, one early police theory was that the dogs would be spirited away to ireland. Seems there's some interchange with stolen dogs.

I wonder if the 2 UK tibbie breeders would have any tips or resources to share with Catherine (another site called DogWatchAlert was also used).

All 6 returned since publication of this article. But it illustrates the kind of networking that helped.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2080556/Online-pet-detective-solve-case-stolen-spaniels-retrieve-dogs-outside-travellers-camp.html

Thanks, Mita. I'll let Catherine know.

Thanks to everyone else who has shared.

Thanks both, hoping others will be equally as generous given this thread has had 169 views but only two responses.

You might find people are at work and/or reading from their iPhones, and that it is the inappropriate time for them to be able to easily respond. After work hours is the best time to check for responses :).