Broad Jumps

Does anyone have exact diagrams or measurements of a set of broad jumps scaling from the ANKC 100-250mm? Some say they have to be angled, some don't ... AKC ones are angled but are ours? Or doesnt it matter as long as the tallest height of the jump complies to ANKC limits?

bleh. Why can't things be simple lol

Does anyone have exact diagrams or measurements of a set of broad jumps scaling from the ANKC 100-250mm? Some say they have to be angled, some don't ... AKC ones are angled but are ours? Or doesnt it matter as long as the tallest height of the jump complies to ANKC limits?

bleh. Why can't things be simple lol

Hi Nekhbet, All the ones that I have use at various dog clubs are angled. The diagram in the rule book looks like they are angled too, as well as telescopic

hope this helps

is there a link to a PDF, the one I got from the ANKC site doesnt have specifics. I thought they would be angled like the AKC ones

Do you have an older rule book? If I remember rightly the one in 1995 had the measurements. I think that I still have one as it is what I got my hubby to make my BJ to the specs that was written in the glossary

Also are you wanting to have comp size or practise size?

I only have the modern PDF format I got off the site

Broad Jump

The Broad Jump consists of two (2) to four (4) separate boards. All boards of the broad jump must be the same

colour.

Each board is to have length of between 1200 mm and 1500 mm and be of a height of between 100 mm

and 250 mm. For convenience, the width of the four (4) boards may be built to telescope. There must be four

(4) corner posts, which are to be a minimum of 1200 mm high and have a diameter of 20 mm. Boards used for

200 and 300 height must be 100 -150mm high.

basically I was thinking of, from this description - 100mm 150mm 200mm and 250mm ranging in width to be telescopic. So the 4 different heights would be the peak of the angle? And is a 45 degree angle too much?

I just want it as an all rounder for dog school