Peiradise Needs Foster Carers

Guest Ams

I have been "full" since Xmas but have continued taking on dogs as needed. This week it is insane. I have 2 male coming in and there are 2 females in NSW pounds and 1 female at my local shelter. I can only help these dogs if I have foster carers for the ones already here. I won't place new dogs with foster carers. They have to do their quarantine and behaviour assessment time here first.

Pei have a reputation as being difficult but they are wonderful dogs. Foster care would be needed for a few months as I am very selective of where they go so I don't ship em off to the first applicant. I do the same with foster carers so you would need to fill out an application so I can place the right foster dog with you.

I provide all food, bowls, bedding and medications and am available 24/7 for advice. My vet is Anvet Kedron or The Point at Paradise Point Gold Coast. I am a private rescuer.I do not have the ability to fund raise and support these dogs mostly from my own wage and a little comes from lovely people who pay my vet directly.

Currently in care and needing foster are: Brock (needs a friend or someone home a LOT), Charlie Brown, Clancy, Chaplain, Cimba, Chuckles, Chippy(prefer no cats), Christina (no cats) and Diesel. To view the dogs please visit www.petrescue.com.au or my FB page Peiradise in the photo folders.

If you live in Brisbane/Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast areas and would like to help could you please send me a pm. I am desperate and need help.

Guest donatella

Hi ams.

One of my friends, a lawyer with 2 cats, had her name down with a breeder for a shar pei puppy but just missed out on the last litter. I have forwarded her this info in case she is in any place to help you (seeing as she has a love for the breed also).

Best of luck

Good luck, Ams. I've seen the surrendered Pei down here. :mad:mad Poor girl. I hope you manage to get her out.

And let me add my bit: I used to help Shar Pei Rescue here in Sydney/Central Coast and frankly they are wonderful dogs. I met so many and they were adorable. My car is probably still harbouring the hairs of about 1/2 dozen.

Squishy squashing a Pei's face? Once is definitely not enough.

I take my tibbie girls across quite a few suburbs, sometimes, to a particularly excellent vet hospital. Seems Ams uses that vet sometimes, too. The vet nurses have spoken very highly of her rescue and how its conducted.

Pei are very lazy. They are like greyhounds in that they will curl up on the couch when you are not there. They do get arvo zoomies so a daily walk would be nice but every second day would do. They do prefer being allowed inside as they are a people dog and like the company.

I've actually thought about helping you out in some way for a while now Ams as I planned to go back to fostering once my old girl left us. Well she left last May and I've still not felt quite ready and the two remaining dogs have been doing so well together I was worried about upsetting that. So this thread is my prompt. I will talk to my sister tonight to see if she is up for it as she lives here with her dog and we'd share the care of any fosters. We'd also need boys ok with some boisturous play. In the almost 12 years I have been here and the 5 dogs of different sizes and breeds who have resided here we have never had an escape either!. I've also got a covered concreted area already protected on 3 sides that is waiting for some stored furniture to be removed before I can turn it into a quarantine/run/outdoor kennel area if I ever need it too. Both my sister and I work part time so there is only 1 or 2 days out of 7 that someone is not here.

I'll talk to my sister tonight and let you know. Then you can check us out!

PS :thanks:. I look forward to 'checkin you out'. :laugh:

ets it is always a big decision to get back into fostering and particularly hard when it comes after the loss of a loved furry family member,so I truly thank you for considering it for me.

Edited by Ams

Thank you sooooooooooo much. The response has been wonderful. It takes a great deal of weight off my shoulders. Now I just have to find the time to do the yard checks/meets and stuff.

DOL is AWESOME!!

Thank you sooooooooooo much. The response has been wonderful. It takes a great deal of weight off my shoulders. Now I just have to find the time to do the yard checks/meets and stuff.

DOL is AWESOME!!

How many prospective fosters do you have, Ams.

We advertise for homes for our dogs, why not advertise for fosters?

laugh.gif well i guess there is always the possibility you might get dodgy people, but I assume interviews and checks would help.

Exactly. You'd check them out just a bit more thoroughly in terms of their ability and willingness to help dogs through what, if any, issues they had and then be able to let them go to new owners.

Thank you everyone. I have advertised for foster carers previously and my vet kindly gave me space in their Xmas newsletter for an article but I didn't get any response from it. I have asked many times on FB for foster carers but this time I think either the planets were truly aligned or my desperation seeped through my begging. I will continue to welcome foster carers on board but I think 5 new ones in a week will keep me busy for a while. :)