Ballarat Residents

RuralPug

This is a plea for help in the Ballarat area. We would like a couple of volunteers twice a week each to exercise and assist in caring for an elderly person's dog for a few months.

Tyson is a gorgeous, friendly senior lab X kelpie who is slowly but surely going stir crazy because his owner has become to frail to exercise him and indeed is even finding organising his feeding difficult. Until a month or so ago, his owner's daughter regularly attended and took care of Tyson's needs. She has been waiting for her home to be built (it is enormously behind schedule) when it is built she will be happy to take Tyson into her own home. But now at eight months pregnant she is unable to help Tyson out any more until her new home is completed, as she is not permitted to have him in her rental.

If absolutely necessary they will rehome him or allow him to be temporarily cared for in someone's home, but really the very best of solutions would be for him to stay where he is loved and just have some volunteers help out.

If you know of anyone who love a dog to play with and walk and love for a couple of evenings a week, or even if you are a couple or family who already walk your own dog and one of you could manage another now and again please message me and I will pass on the contact number for Tyson's owner.

I would do this myself if I were a little closer but it would be a 75km round trip for me. Tyson is in the Wendouree area or possibly Lake Wendouree.

ETA:The home is in Wendouree very near to Stockland shopping centre.

Edited by RuralPug

If i had the time to do it it i would have loved to helped out. Thats great that someone can do 2 days a week though :).

RuralPug, send me the info and I will pass it on to my friend she thinks she may be able to help out and will at least have a chat with the person and see what she can do.

:thumbsup:

Done!

We now have a total of three or four volunteers so there is not a great burden on any of them - when people put their hands up to help out like this to help a dog stay in it's own home I regain my faith in humanity! :thumbsup: