I Now Have A Siggy But Too Small

Boronia

Marion 01 has made me a siggy but it needs to be longer and a little deeper.

I had uploaded her picture (a big one and the final edited one) into Photobucket but even if I make the edited one bigger (it looses its clarity though) and save it, it will go back to the size you see in my siggy below.

I did email Troy with the problem, had this answer.... Just checking that when you uploaded it (the edited version) to photobucket, you didn’t tick any option to reduce the size and when you are linking to it from photobucket, you are linking to the full sized image?

I emailed back saying that I had used the edited photo and asked if I should have used the unedited/bigger sized photo, Troy answered...No the smaller one should be the correct one as long as when you upload it, photobucket doesn’t reduce it in size further. I am not sure if there is an option when you upload it to preserve the size/dimensions?

Can anyone help? I can't believe it should be this hard, my brains are hurting :laugh:

Edited by Boronia

Marion 01 has made me a siggy but it needs to be longer and a little deeper.

I had uploaded her picture (a big one and the final edited one) into Photobucket but even if I make the edited one bigger (it looses its clarity though) and save it, it will go back to the size you see in my siggy below.

I did email Troy with the problem, had this answer.... Just checking that when you uploaded it (the edited version) to photobucket, you didn’t tick any option to reduce the size and when you are linking to it from photobucket, you are linking to the full sized image?

I emailed back saying that I had used the edited photo and asked if I should have used the unedited/bigger sized photo, Troy answered...No the smaller one should be the correct one as long as when you upload it, photobucket doesn’t reduce it in size further. I am not sure if there is an option when you upload it to preserve the size/dimensions?

Can anyone help? I can't believe it should be this hard, my brains are hurting :laugh:

Yeh, Bummer isn't it? As far as I know when I put mine in photobucket it was the 488 x 150 version and I didn't have to do anything. I will put it in my photobucket and see

what the go is. Then I can tell you.

Have you got an account with flickr Boronia? maybe try it that way. :shrug:

I can try if you like, just PM me the pic, I will make the changes and PM you the link back to copy and paste into your signature.

Also, do you have it centred? maybe that's the reason why it's coming up smaller than it should.

When Marion sent me mine I uploaded it to flickr, left it as it's original size and just copied and pasted the properties to my sig.

I have emailed you k9angel as there is no way in this wide world that I can put that piccie in the PM me box...I don't know how :rofl:

...I have asked if you can send me your email address so I can forward Marion's email to you

Edited by Boronia

Beat you to it Boronia, I sent k9angel the email with the pics that I sent to you. Surely between the 3 of us we can get it done. I went in and had a look at photobucket and it

is done differently now, and I find it very confusing too, but that's not unusual.

Hi K9angel, I have replied to your message, this is what I wrote:

I can copy the photo but it won't allow me to paste. I also tried to do it in the 'Testing Forum' but I can't paste in there either.

The Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, words on the mouse right click are greyed out.

If it is a line of text I have copied I can paste that, but not the image or even the image from Marion's email that I have saved to desktop or the image I have inserted in an 'Office' document.

:banghead:

Edited by Boronia