Personal Security & The Canine Councils

freundhund

Having been a member of my kennel control for 30 years, I now have to provide identification to continue my membership.

I am feeling very insecure about providing my documents, my husband who is a solicitor has asked our Kennel Control, for a copy of their policy on document and information storage. We also have asked them to provide us with information on whether they sell copies of teir membership lists.

If I have to email them copies of our driver's licenses, I want assurances that the information will either be destroyed or securely filed.

Does anyone else have these concerns or know what the Kennels controls policy with regards to our information?

Having been a member of my kennel control for 30 years, I now have to provide identification to continue my membership.

I am feeling very insecure about providing my documents, my husband who is a solicitor has asked our Kennel Control, for a copy of their policy on document and information storage. We also have asked them to provide us with information on whether they sell copies of teir membership lists.

If I have to email them copies of our driver's licenses, I want assurances that the information will either be destroyed or securely filed.

Does anyone else have these concerns or know what the Kennels controls policy with regards to our information?

Absolutely!

Asking for documentary proof was instigated by people on this forum, who were apparently concerned about banned people rejoining the CC under another name, or people having a few memberships.

But - I didn't think it applied to existing members. Did the CC expand their requirements? And why would they want to know NOW who you are?

I think it is time the CCs - and our members - understand that this is dog breeding - not buying and selling listed companies or sheep stations.

Banned members reapplying for membership have always been outed, in my experience. You can change your name, but not your appearance.

And there are probably a few shonky people who want a couple of memberships. There are shonky people who are "Accredited Breeders" too.

By the time all that is sorted out, the financial cost is large - and we members pay - and members - such as you - are unhappy.

People should think about the long term implications of their wishes before they lobby for something.