Tripods

Panto

Hi Photo peeps

Can anyone recommend a tripod? I drive a nikon D80 with an 118-200mm lens. I'd like one that I can set up on a benchtop and point down into a light box set up, but also be able to take it out with me. If i can't have one that does both, I'd rather start with the benchtop use a priority, and perhaps I will get a monopod to take out and about with me.

I know manfrotto does good tripods, just by knowing the name - but I would like something where I can get away with spending as little as possible but not get frustrated with camera shake. I saw the nikon ni400, but read somewhere it's only good for a point and shoot?

As you can tell I am fairly clueless right now and not sure where to start... would love some advice from any DOLers pretty please that use tripods? :o

Thanks in advance!

hi,

I couldnt find the one I wanted but there are nowadays a Tgripod/Monopod in one, click a button and the monopod comes out of the tripod! Could save some money, my sister is a Graphic Designer and swears by her's for its versatility!

http://www.langtoninfo.co.uk/showitem.aspx?isbn=0689076994507&loc=AUD

Will find out later what brand she uses, I run around with a Manfrotto Monopod which I love and doubles as a crowd "disperser" in crowded situation's, lol, and a cheap arse tripod as I dont do many tripod shots, its only used occasionally for night scenic shots, A remote is a good idea aswell :)

Edited by Aussie Boxer