My New Number Plate

Snout Girl

How cool :thumbsup: I would love GREYT as my numberplate.Is that a one off cost or do you have to pay a fee each year?

Only NSW does that...which is why I never had personalised plates in NSW :)

Its so silly that the different states have different rules like that. All my older cousins have personalised plates, bought by my grandparents for them for their 21st however by my 21st it was a yearly fee and I decided there was no point them getting them for me :cry:

I ended up with my grandfathers plates when he stopped driving. FJ 010- I have no idea what they mean but have got some comments from car nuts about them lol

How cool :thumbsup: I would love GREYT as my numberplate.Is that a one off cost or do you have to pay a fee each year?

Only NSW does that...which is why I never had personalised plates in NSW :)

Its so silly that the different states have different rules like that. All my older cousins have personalised plates, bought by my grandparents for them for their 21st however by my 21st it was a yearly fee and I decided there was no point them getting them for me :cry:

I ended up with my grandfathers plates when he stopped driving. FJ 010- I have no idea what they mean but have got some comments from car nuts about them lol

Yeah, my older siblings got them, but when my time came there was a yearly fee...I was pissed because my older brother found out they were putting the fee on, so got some for his motorbike, but didn't tell me :(

FJ could be referring to an old FJ holden?

Edited by GoldenGirl85

Yes well I know my brother that lives in QLD got plates for his son that say 4DALE which he owns and doesn't pay a yearly fee for.I was hoping NSW would follow suit but obviousy not :(

Thats how it used to be there...then the RTA thought "here's a way to make lots of $$$"

Well they didn't get any off me, except for rego lol

I hate that you have to pay each year.

I got my plates for my 18th birthday. The are the white and black ones with 3 letters and 3 numbers, I have wanted the plates since i was about 10!

They are not a full word, they are nothing fancy.. Mum and dad wanted to get my brother the same a few years ago, his name and the same numbers as me and they have changed it to a yearly fee.

I loved it when i was in WA, so many different plates, i wish we had more option around here.

Did see a car a few months ago with the numberplate '2' Dad was so excited :laugh:

Guest _MADCAT_

Depending on the types of plates you get there are yearly fees here :(

Yeah it sucks, For mine (custom "MADCAT" plates) its $200 yearly... Which sucks when you get Rego, drivers licence AND custom plate renewal all at once haha

Wish "custom" plates were just a once off fee like the other states :(

Depending on the types of plates you get there are yearly fees here :(

Yeah it sucks, For mine (custom "MADCAT" plates) its $200 yearly... Which sucks when you get Rego, drivers licence AND custom plate renewal all at once haha

Wish "custom" plates were just a once off fee like the other states :(

Yeah, OH pays $200/year for his OZSTIG plates.

Aw it's times like this I wish I had my licence.

I 'love' Poms would probably be taken 100 times over before I get my licence :rofl:

I didn't realise some custom plates had a yearly renewal though! :eek: Any way to get money out of people huh!