Thinking Of Kicking Lens To The Curb.

redangel

I have free use of a nikon 70-200mm 2.8 but Im less than impressed so far. It seems to hunt alot when not in manual mode (often when I use shutter) and I miss the shot. Tried it for dog action & zoomed out its fine but closer in blah! soft as. My personal lens a 50mm 1.4 is great for dog stuff, rarely misses. I have tried a sigma 500mm for a much cheaper option, trying to decide which lens I should go for in my next purchase. Am I just not "getting it' when it comes to the Nikon lens...everyone seems to like this lens...ALOT!

I feel the same about the 24-70mm :laugh: I borrowed one from a friend and found barely any of my images were in focus and the ones that were, were soft! And people rave about this lens!

I borrowed a 70-200mm for a wedding last year and lurrrrrrrved it. What camera are you using? It might be the combination of your specific camera and that individual lens. I read a really interesting article about it recently (it's long!): http://www.canonrumors.com/tech-articles/this-lens-is-soft-and-other-myths/

Edited by huga

I feel the same about the 24-70mm :laugh: I borrowed one from a friend and found barely any of my images were in focus and the ones that were, were soft! And people rave about this lens!

I borrowed a 70-200mm for a wedding last year and lurrrrrrrved it. What camera are you using? It might be the combination of your specific camera and that individual lens. I read a really interesting article about it recently (it's long!): http://www.canonrumors.com/tech-articles/this-lens-is-soft-and-other-myths/

I LOVE my 24-70mm, but it's HEAVY!