Adjustable/removable Pet Barrier

Rileys mum

Has anyone used one of those removable pet barriers. Similar to a cargo barrier but the adjustable bars etc.

do they stay put? I prefer the idea of a solid cargo barrier however there are times i think being able to easily utilise the full back of the station wagon might be handy, hence wondering about these removable ones. I know they won't be as solid as the perminant ones but would they keep dogs contained on trips?

We have one that attaches to the headrests of the back seats for our subaru wagon. Works fine for us - keeps the dogs in the boot and easy to remove (we don't have big dogs tho, about 19 & 22kgs)

Edit - it's the 'walkyguard' one

Edited by Weasels

I have had one in my station wagon for a few years now, and it has never collapsed, my dogs have never tried to push through it though, (whippets and greyhound).

They must be installed tightly though, and are easy to remove if you need to, I am a bit paranoid about someone rear ending me and being unable to get the dogs out if the barrier is screwed securely to the car chassis.

I have one up until now has worked great I just have a hatchback and the dogs travel in the boot due to crates. Only current issue is one side seems to be loosing and not holding in place but I'm yet to take a good look. Mines held up against a 30kg lab so I'm haPpy got sick of him bailing into the back seat when he was buckled in the boot

Guest english.ivy

I have one in my Rav 4. Not sturdy due to the shape of the car but my rear seats are always folded up, so that adds extra protaction. If you've ever seen how a Rav 4 looks with the seats folded up.

Only cost me $30 and quick and simple to take out if I need to use the back seats.

Keeps in a Pointer and Belgian Shepherd but both of mine are good in the car anyway.

HHmmm thanks guys. I would be using it with the back seats up so would be used to stop them jumping from the back into the back seats eg. block the space above the back seats. might be worth giving a go for the price. My two are generally good in the car and i think the visual barrier could be enough to stop them.

thanks again.