Cream To The Top

goldyoldy

I AM MORE THAN UPSET BY THE HEADLINE IN DOGNEWS. "CREAM TO THE TOP".

WELL IT APPEARS THAT THEY DO NOT CONSIDER THE PREVIOUS YEARS WINNERS WERE THE "CREAM"

THE SPONSORS ARE HAPPY BUT BY THE POSTINGS ON THE FORUM THE OWNERS AND EXHIBITORS ARE NOT.

ALSO 20% OF THE WINNERS WERE BITCHES A GOOD DOG WILL BEAT A GOOD BITCH AS BORN OUT IN THE RESULTS.

THIS WAS ACROSS THE BOARD IN BREED AND NATIONAL WINNERS.

NOW THIS 20% OF BITCHES WILL NOT BE AWARDED POINTS FOR BEATING THE MALES IF THEY GET RUBOB

AGAIN CUTTING THEIR PERCENTAGES.

THERE WILL NEVER BE A PERFECT SYSTEM. BUT SHOULD NOT THE TOP WINNING DOG BE AWARDED THE 1ST PRIZE.

AND THE 2ND BEST ON THE DAY AT LEAST HAVE A CHANCE.

WELL IT APPEARS THAT THEY DO NOT CONSIDER THE PREVIOUS YEARS WINNERS WERE THE "CREAM"

THE SPONSORS ARE HAPPY BUT BY THE POSTINGS ON THE FORUM THE OWNERS AND EXHIBITORS ARE NOT.

ALSO 20% OF THE WINNERS WERE BITCHES A GOOD DOG WILL BEAT A GOOD BITCH AS BORN OUT IN THE RESULTS.

NOW THIS 20% OF BITCHES WILL NOT BE AWARDED POINTS FOR BEATING THE MALES IF THEY GET RUBOB

THERE WILL NEVER BE A PERFECT SYSTEM. BUT SHOULD NOT THE TOP WINNING DOG BE AWARDED THE 1ST PRIZE.

Will you stop yelling none of us deaf. We read the type not listen.

Seriously take a chill pill & a good bitch has no issues in winning .

Every year that years winners are special out with the old in with the new that is how it works .

As someone who has done well in the point score section i don't find it an issue ,

Let me just say in one breed & a coated breed all three winners where bitches in a breed that is highly competitive with some amazing males .

I actually agree with you. I was happy that RUBOB were actually recognised in the pointscore, and now am pretty disgusted that there not. It is unfair that a dog that may be the second best dog in the ring and has beaten the bitch actually gets no recognition at all.

For example, if the BOB is the DCC, and then the RUBOB is the RDCC, therefore in the judges opinion the second dog is a better one than the best bitch.

I know that they also recieve no official points but I actually believe that is a bit unfair as well, and I thought it was great that the RUBOB were recognised for thier achievements on Dogzonline.

Will you stop yelling none of us deaf. We read the type not listen.

I am new to forums and did not know that capitals meant I was yelling.

Anyway with the headlines of "cream to the top." My dog won its National and breed and now they say that the new system will bring the cream to the top. What does that say about all the previous winners.

I am new to forums and did not know that capitals meant I was yelling.

Anyway with the headlines of "cream to the top." My dog won its National and breed and now they say that the new system will bring the cream to the top. What does that say about all the previous winners.

it says nothing about previous winners except that their owners might be a tad sensitive :laugh:

or it may mean that now with the limit on the number of shows that some very

successful dogs who are not shown "week in week out" can now have a better

chance against those who are shown every weekend all over the place :)

Edited by Dellcara

also evens up the playing field a bit for those of use who are from states which have half the shows of some of the others.

also evens up the playing field a bit for those of use who are from states which have half the shows of some of the others.

Yep still waiting for shows to start here :rofl:

Select your best results daydog. You would probably still have won. I can see where you are coming from. While people know who have won the pointscore ther has not been that announcement yet. You are waiting for your moment in the sun and instead of acknowledging who won what this year, you feel your moment of glory for all you and others did over the past 12 months has been cast aside. You opened up DNA expecting to read about 2011 and instead, the story already moves on to 2012. Am I right?

Been there in a totally different sport so I do understand your disappointment. If it makes you feel any better, I read the leader boards in every breed because I am interested in all dog showing. Congratulations on a wonderful effort.

You aside because it is your thread, I can't help noticing the serial braggart working their faded success in to the reply somehow. Somewhere, somehow, ME, ME, ME ends up in the reply.

Select your best results daydog. You would probably still have won. I can see where you are coming from. While people know who have won the pointscore ther has not been that announcement yet. You are waiting for your moment in the sun and instead of acknowledging who won what this year, you feel your moment of glory for all you and others did over the past 12 months has been cast aside. You opened up DNA expecting to read about 2011 and instead, the story already moves on to 2012. Am I right?

Just wanted to say that the 2011 winners haven't been cast aside. The March Dog News is the official 'Winner's Edition' that showcases all the pointscore winners of 2011. There is a 'winners edition' every year.

Whilst in theory it would be nice to have it immediately in the January edition, it would be impossible to organise in that short time seeing as the edition would have been sent to the printers before the competition even officially ended.

Just wanted to say that the 2011 winners haven't been cast aside. The March Dog News is the official 'Winner's Edition' that showcases all the pointscore winners of 2011. There is a 'winners edition' every year.

Whilst in theory it would be nice to have it immediately in the January edition, it would be impossible to organise in that short time seeing as the edition would have been sent to the printers before the competition even officially ended.

I was more asking daydogs to clarify what the post meant than passing judgement. Dogzonline have always celebrated their winners.

I was more asking daydogs to clarify what the post meant than passing judgement. Dogzonline have always celebrated their winners.

The Headline Cream to the Top" seemed to infer that the previous winners breed and national were not the best reps of the breed or overall dogs in general. There will never be a fair system. Those dogs in nt SA WA TAS will be hard done by because they do not have the large entries or number of shows to compete at. By limiting the number of shows this will not fix the problem. It would have had no effect on the overall winners. Yes I still would have won my breed and national breed on the new system.