Best Place To Leave The Dogs

Lollipup

Hi Lollipup, I know where you are coming from when you say dad and old training methods.....my father worried the absolute crap out of me when I left Gus at their place but I was lucky enough that my brother took total control and did not let my dad stick his methods into my pups daily routine.

They stress less than we do.... Gus howled in his crate for 20 minutes the first night, then never did it again for the other 8 nights, its where you feel safe leaving them...I think it is inevitable they come back a little different because their routine has been disturbed but it’s nothing that can’t be snapped back into shape once you get home...You said you know the manager at the pet motel... maybe have a chat to them about the things that concern you about their facility, maybe he/she can clarify what goes on there im sure they can ease your anxiety.... I stressed about this so much (and I have a 5 month old pup so i think it was a little harder trying to find people who respect how I want to raise my dog). But I came home, he was fine (a little cheekier than usual)but fine.

Dogs adapt very quickly.

Thanks GussysMum, that's a very helpful post. We are looking at going away next weekend and a weekend in August so might put them in the kennels then. I will also chat to the manager and he probably won't mind us coming out for some test runs. I know the dogs are fine and that I worry too much!

Thanks GussysMum, that's a very helpful post. We are looking at going away next weekend and a weekend in August so might put them in the kennels then. I will also chat to the manager and he probably won't mind us coming out for some test runs. I know the dogs are fine and that I worry too much!

They are our pride and joy, and are there when no one else is.... of course we treasure them with every nerve in our body and care desperatly for their welfare, if we didnt I dont think we would be good owners, I think a test run sounds like a great idea, good luck with it :)