Urgent Home Or Foster For Elderly Poodle

Rascalmyshadow

I have posted this in rescue but I hope it's alright to post here as well.

I urgently need somewhere for an elderly poodle to go, his owner has passed away and his family can't keep him so I have him here with me but he has to be gone tomorrow.

He has had all vet work done (including a recent dental) he is in beautiful condition and is sociable with all other dogs, cats and people. He is housetrained and has excellent manners.

I am going to try Rescued with Love but I need a back up if that doesn't work out.

If anyone can help please let me know.

Is there anyone that could transport this little poodle boy from Moorabbin vet in South Rd to either Monash vet or Sandown vet tomorrow before 11am. He can then get a ride to Canberra with a transport company.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow

Sorry for lack of details, Bogart is a black mini, he is 13years old but he acts a lot younger, anyone that meets him would probably assume he is no more than 8 years.

Kirty thankyou so much if no rescue group can help I will give you a call.

There are also 2 cornish rex cats aprox. 4 years old, brother and sister. They are currently in a cattery and also have no where to go. They have also had all vet work done.

Sorry for lack of details, Bogart is a black mini, he is 13years old but he acts a lot younger, anyone that meets him would probably assume he is no more than 8 years.

Kirty thankyou so much if no rescue group can help I will give you a call.

There are also 2 cornish rex cats aprox. 4 years old, brother and sister. They are currently in a cattery and also have no where to go. They have also had all vet work done.

I may know of a home for him with another same sized poodle but its in NSW.

See if you can find any paperwork or maybe a name from the microchip details on the cornish cats. There are not so many breeders of them & the breeder may offer to take them if you can find out who it is. I bred cornish but stopped a couple of years ago but I didn't send any kittens to Victoria.

dianed:

Christina:I should be able to get more info on the cats tomorrow when I get to work, all the animals have had their vetwork done at my clinic. Are there many cornish breeders in WA?

If they are from a registered breeder no. There are one or 2 in WA. 3 in SA, 1 in Tasmania, NSW has the most but still only a handful, Vic has a couple.

Not many people breed them at all unlike the Devons which have lots of breeders.

Should be easy to trace unless BYB.

dianed:

Christina:I should be able to get more info on the cats tomorrow when I get to work, all the animals have had their vetwork done at my clinic. Are there many cornish breeders in WA?

If they are from a registered breeder no. There are one or 2 in WA. 3 in SA, 1 in Tasmania, NSW has the most but still only a handful, Vic has a couple.

Not many people breed them at all unlike the Devons which have lots of breeders.

Should be easy to trace unless BYB.

Please accept me as a back-up for the cats. I really can't take on any more dogs atm as we now have 9 rescues.

We have only one cat rescue. We live on a farm and our cat isn't allowed outside for the birds safety and also his (feral cats).

Plenty of cat furniture, scratching posts, windows and doors open (flyscreens) to WATCH birds, litter trays and allowed to sleep ANYWHERE (including on our bed with us).

Good luck and thank you so much for caring.