For Those Who Remember Me

jess live die

OK from what I have gathered so far...

OP bought a male, with a contract saying the breeder could collect him anytime for the day for breeding purposes.

After 3 weeks the breeder collected the dog and tried to sell it, then when they couldn't, gave it to another home.

The breeder offered OP another puppy, but OP wanted her dog back.

But breeder stopped contact.

OP then took it to court, where the breeder lost her license to breed. Still no refund for OP.

I hope I got that right ;)

Lynn

Except a court cannot take away a licence to breed!! If it was a registered breeder then only the state's canine control authority can do that. Even if it was a BYB a civil court does not have jurisdiction to make such orders!!

Sorry for the troubles and sadness you have experienced in the past, Jess, but hoping that all things go well. It certainly sounds as though things may be falling into the right place for you.

One thing I would be inclined to suggest though is that you might like to think about what time you will have available to be able to train a youngster dog once you have a babe in arms to also think about and who will be demanding your attention. Please bear in mind that just because you are busy, your young pup/dog will not be able to be put on the back-burner until you are ready and able, and that it isn't easy raising a young pup/dog at the same time as raising a baby/toddler, neither of which have had enough time to learn about the world and understand commands and responsibilities.

Sorry for the troubles and sadness you have experienced in the past, Jess, but hoping that all things go well. It certainly sounds as though things may be falling into the right place for you.

One thing I would be inclined to suggest though is that you might like to think about what time you will have available to be able to train a youngster dog once you have a babe in arms to also think about and who will be demanding your attention. Please bear in mind that just because you are busy, your young pup/dog will not be able to be put on the back-burner until you are ready and able, and that it isn't easy raising a young pup/dog at the same time as raising a baby/toddler, neither of which have had enough time to learn about the world and understand commands and responsibilities.

Well said Erny, and also the fact that your other dog is only 5 and a half months old now. He will possibly get a bit demanding soon too.

So true LizT.

I have always found that my lovely, perfectly behaved puppies became terror on legs at about 8-10 months! This would be about the time that you would be due to have your baby. All their training seems to be completely forgotten and they develop the dreaded 'teenage brain'. This can be a trying time with lots of time and patience required. This combined with a newborn baby would be a massive challenge. Then add to this a new puppy!! From memory you want BT? Wow, My head hurts just thinking about all the work involved. I think you will find yourself stretched very thin. I am not saying it can't be done but you would need lots of support. It is certainly not something I would choose to take on.

So true LizT.

I have always found that my lovely, perfectly behaved puppies became terror on legs at about 8-10 months! This would be about the time that you would be due to have your baby. All their training seems to be completely forgotten and they develop the dreaded 'teenage brain'. This can be a trying time with lots of time and patience required. This combined with a newborn baby would be a massive challenge. Then add to this a new puppy!! From memory you want BT? Wow, My head hurts just thinking about all the work involved. I think you will find yourself stretched very thin. I am not saying it can't be done but you would need lots of support. It is certainly not something I would choose to take on.

I am going through this now unfotunately I want to pull my hair out sometimes :( seems as if everything has gone out the window and she can do as she pleases! I couldn't handle a puppy on top of her currently and also a baby but that's just me :o

OP bought a male, with a contract saying the breeder could collect him anytime for the day for breeding purposes.

After 3 weeks the breeder collected the dog and tried to sell it, then when they couldn't, gave it to another home.

OP then took it to court, where the breeder lost her license to breed. Still no refund for OP.

Lynn

Except a court cannot take away a licence to breed!! If it was a registered breeder then only the state's canine control authority can do that. Even if it was a BYB a civil court does not have jurisdiction to make such orders!!

Shamelessly bumping my own post but I see the OP is back online.

I am still really curious about the breeder losing their licence under a court order - can you explain a little better what happened here?

Lynn

I am still really curious about the breeder losing their licence under a court order - can you explain a little better what happened here?

I could be wrong, Danois, but I didn't see that the OP used the word 'court' in her first post. She said:

we ended up filing a complant and she ended up losing her lience

I assumed that meant she put in a complaint with her state's canine control authority.

It was Bluefairy who introduced the word 'court' in a helpful summary of what was said.

Whatever that situation is....jess, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. You've not had an easy time in that respect.

Just a suggestion. Erny's given some good advice about how the situation might be with a new pup as well as a new baby.

Edited by mita

I also remember that the dog was not a young pup but about 12 months old and the breeder had rights ton use the dog at stud hence probably wy she took the dog back. Why the breeder didn't return him to the OP is unknown.