Can Dogs Suddenly Change In Behavour?

Ben and Jerry

My toller gets just like this if the portable washing line (one of those indoor clothes airer things) that is usually on our deck blows over in the wind. We get home and she is squished into the furthest corner of her bed inside panting and visibly distressed and you have to coax her out and cuddle her for a while before she comes good. It took me a few times to work it out, now I take one look at her and know its blown over. She generally goes and 'wooo-woooooos' at it once I put it up again and then feels better when she has told it off! If there is no medical reason for it, sometimes the most random thing can set them off with anxiety.

Was a bit hessitent to come inside this morning and when inside wanted to go back out. He had access to let himself in and out later in the day and was happy enough coming and going as he pleased. I also had to a couple things outside and he was constantly there with his ball so he's back to normal in that regard :thumbsup: . Still trying to work out what may of possibly spooked him :confused: .

So glad to hear he's doing better :) I had a similar experience recently ( Thread ) right up to the running up the road and just standing there :( I'm still trying to work out the cause, my current working theory is that it's a specific dog he's afraid of.

I hope your boy continues to act normal :)

Since getting home he went outside and back to the corner. He didn't want to come back inside and manager to finally get him in, he is now laying in the family room.

There was quite a lot of wind today so he may possibly have been scared by flapping blinds or my sisters cat likes to play swipe at anything that walks past so maybe she hit jerry in the face or something and thats scared him from being inside :confused:. I wasn't awake when he was let out this morning so don't know if anything inside had actually happened but I've asked and apparently he was normal so if something has scared him it must of been whilst he was outside.

Check where he is going in the yard. There could be a lizard or a snake in that part of the yard that he feels he needs to watch the whole time.

Ill have a good look when i get if there's still enough daylight and see if there's any holes or what not. I've sort of ruled out the blinds flapping about as a possible trigger because the windows had apparently been closed that morning and he was left outside. Now i think maybe someone in the street has got a new dog or theres a wandering cat as the corner he is going to gives him a bit of a view down and up the street. Other then that he has me stumped as we haven't used any sort pesticide stuff and neither have the neighbors as they've been on holidays for a bit.