British Bulldog - Flea Allergy Dermatitis

Carlo11

Just rembember you did the right thing by Pearl from day 1 when you didnt have to you could have been like everyone else and

ignored her, you took her into the 1st loving home she has ever had and got her treated by a vet which im sure was the 1st time

she had seen a vet

This, read it at least three times. She would never have had a chance had you not persisted for the 6 weeks you did. She would not be happy for the first time in ehr life if you had not of done what you did. Never think you didn't do the right thing by her - ever.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just rembember you did the right thing by Pearl from day 1 when you didnt have to you could have been like everyone else and

ignored her, you took her into the 1st loving home she has ever had and got her treated by a vet which im sure was the 1st time

she had seen a vet

This, read it at least three times. She would never have had a chance had you not persisted for the 6 weeks you did. She would not be happy for the first time in her life if you had not of done what you did. Never think you didn't do the right thing by her - ever.

:thumbsup:

she had seen a vet

This, read it at least three times. She would never have had a chance had you not persisted for the 6 weeks you did. She would not be happy for the first time in her life if you had not of done what you did. Never think you didn't do the right thing by her - ever.

Thanks guys.You are too kind. :)

she had seen a vet

Thanks guys.You are too kind. :)

Nope I only tell the truth. YOu only have to look at that little girls face to know you did a wonderful thing

Carlo11, you know that you have done magic for Pearl. Without you, she would die without knowing love and care. You did well, very well! Me thinks a scout point in heaven for you.

Kelscats, thank you for the pics.

Donation done on 15th as promised.

Edited by HonBun

I would be using Advocate, and change her diet to no red meat, say chicken and rice, just very bland for a while, and keep using the malasab.

I have had several BT's with bad skin, and plain food works best.

Agree 100% with this. Advocate is fantastic stuff. :thumbsup: Mums dog Tess had similiar on her rump and tail last year. Mum had been using supermarket stuff, despite me telling her it was no good. :( I applied some advocate and in a matter of weeks the hair was growing back. Before long you couldn't even tell where the raw patches had been. :)

I buy mine online as it's alot cheaper than the shops.

Hi Carlo

I am in NZ at the moment(but had to get my DOL forum fix)

I will Personal message you when I get back on Monday night/Tuesday morning.

You have done so well with Pearl. It is the vet that in my opinion has let her down(but I have already said this)

You have only gone on the advice that the vet has given you.

Hugs to Pearl

Kelscats..her skin is looking much improved..the new medication routine seems to be working well :thumbsup:

Carlo11..I'm going to echo everyone else...you have done a fabulous job with Pearl..it was your vet who was at fault, they are the ones trained to know what to look for and are supposed to provide you with treatment options. You have done everything you could have and i applaud your for it :clap::cheer:

Hi Carlo

I am in NZ at the moment(but had to get my DOL forum fix)

I will Personal message you when I get back on Monday night/Tuesday morning.

You have done so well with Pearl. It is the vet that in my opinion has let her down(but I have already said this)

You have only gone on the advice that the vet has given you.

Hugs to Pearl

I look forward to your message. I am now looking for help with another Bull Terrier matter . . .if you look in my content for the thread 'Bull Terrier - Open sores and Fungal Growth.'.Its another owner who will not provide for their dog . . .cant afford/wont pay for a vet etc.

Two vets on here that I have shared the pics with have said it is skin cancer yet the owners have refused the dog treatment even after offers of my time and help.Any advice always appreciated . . .

Pearl has been back to the vet tonight for a check up after a week on her meds and she

is doing really well. The vet is very happy with her progress and now the skin that was

like a big hard ball is now soft and getting better.

She is off to the vet again in 7 days for another check up and to monitor her progress.

More photo's coming in a couple of days :)