Boston Terrier

Gretel

Hi, A friend is looking to buy a Boston Terrier. I have told them to look in to all the health problems in the breed and to discuss with the breeders the screening they do. Plus of course a only deal with a registered breeder. They have been given quotes mainly around $2000 but one has told them $900. I've warned them to be rather cautious there! Would anyone like to PM with recommendations or cautions please? TIA :D

You'd probably have better responses if you put it in General Dog discussion not off topic ;)

I know but I'd prefer to get answers from people who have been here a while.

You'd still get replies from people who have been here a while in general? You are highly unlikely to recieve the responses you're after by posting it in here, as a lot more people frequent the other areas. There are a lot of knowlegable people who don't even bother to look into OT.

I would be very wary of handing over any cash for the $900 dog. As pointed out, there would be a reason the dog (if it exists) is being offered for less than half what the going rate is.

Most Pugs I see advertised at greatly reduced prices are scams. Don't pay over the Internet and ask to personally visit the pup and view the paperwork before letting any cash leave your hands.