2012 Brags Thread

Now see if I was going to get a gundog I think I have my eye on one of those red ones biggrin.gif. I am sure Ptolomy won't notice if I dognap one - the question would be though who do I dognap rofl1.gif.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl: Yes, a little red gundog might be the go (after all they look and behave a bit like BCs ( :bolt: ) . Although I saw a lovely black Lab pup on Saturday - bred by a friend who has lovely working line Labs - she'll have the pup's grandmother at Agility Nationals - and she's a super dog. Friend's husband does the field trial/retrieving work, and friend does the obedience, agility and now Rally work. Good partnership.

Just my little brag for today. My girl got first place today in her primary companion exam, we are now starting secondary companion in 2 weeks. YIKES. Also had alot of people telling me to trial her. EKKKK might just finish secondary first. A friend took her to a mock trial as I've been ill the past few weeks and now all I hear is about how great she did and what potential she has. Sadly she has a dud owner who knows nothing about trialing but we will see. For now I"m just over the moon we got a first place. This time last year she got a first place for beginners. She's come so far in a year I think.

So after TSD Test 2 last week, we're back from a weekend agility trialling with Miss Kirra. She may be 10, but she's still feral - and she says she still needs a better h/younger handler. 6 runs Saturday and 8 on Sunday = only 2 Qs for the weekend, but some very near misses. And then of course there was the JDM run where we were so enjoying a really fast run down the ring (after successfully if messily negotiating the technical start) - that we totally forgot the little technical loop that came before the long blast home - which wer really enjoyed too. Who cares about the Q - we had a blast. And her Q yesterday was in Open Agility - the last run of the day - so I'm very very happy that the demon bitch and I can still run and have such fun with friends.

Now back to earth to do some tracking training with Mr Rory ready for a trial on Saturday :eek: .

Thanks TSD - in some ways I wish I was coming too - but wouldn't be much fun with any pressure on for her - as it is I can just relax and treasure every run. She is nearly 10 and a half.

You guys are going to have such fun though - make sure you enjoy every minute. :D

(Oh, and Mr Rory did a nice job on his little training track - which had several dog and people crosses and diversions - since I used the local off lead area :laugh:

Well done to Bedazzled and Brookie for winning Rally Advanced today - the older boys are loving it.

Scoota and Strauss also managed Advance passes thumbsup1.gif

Beans won Rally novice for her title. I was thinking of retiring her but she was like a little toy out there and really enjoyed herself - so unsure now.

The occasionally clever one dropped during the sit stays in open - but he passed UDX so all is forgiven rofl1.gif

Congrats Ptolomy and bedazzled on the awesome results!!!! How many in rally advanced today? Sorry I missed the trial, had somewhere else I had to be but would have much preferred to be at the trial!!!

It was a public holiday here in WA yesterday - WA Day??!!

Only 4 in Rally Advanced yesterday - 3 x Ob Ch (Brookie, Ben, Moo) and Strauss. There will be more next time as a few more dogs gained their titles yesterday.

:thumbsup::cheer::champagne:

Way to go Ptolomy and Bedazzledx2. Yay for the occasionally clever one - and for his mum. And so very good to see the kids all having fun in Rally. You'll have to keep going with Beans now Ptolomy - she won't forgive you otherwise - and even if there is a jump, they're sooooo low.