Eeeeeeeeeeek..... Squeeeeeeeeeeee

Well! I friggin' well did it! After researching for the last few months and up until 2am this morning... I found my best deal! After looking online, in stores and worrying about grey imports, whether it has canon warranty, Australian warranty or has to be shipped back to HK.

I purchased a Canon 7D body only through Kogan.com.au for $1386 and it is shipped from Oz. I also grabbed a memory card, extra battery and 5yr warranty which I found out after I ordered it, comes from HK. Shipping was $29 all up.

I purchased a Canon EF 70-200mm f4 USM lens from DWI for $669 (it was $675 this morning, so I saved some $$ woot), with uv and cpl filters and 3yr warranty and it was free shipping. I chose this lens as the 2.8 is out of my price range for now.

I was a bit apprehensive buying the lot from DWI incase it was stopped at customs for being over $1000.

So I'm super excited now that it's all gone through. I'll get myself a 50mm f1.8 from JB hifi as they have them for $100.

So it should all arrive next week... Now to find a bag to put it all in! Any suggestions?

Squeeeeeeee

MnDM

P.s a HUGE thank you to all of you whom I've annoyed to find out what camera/lens you've used!

Edited by Monet n Diva's Mum

Congratulations! I'll be very interested to see what you think of the 70-200mm f4 lens. I'm planning on getting a 70-200mm in a few months and have been agonising over what to do because of the extra $1000 or so it costs to get the f2.8 with IS compared to the f4 (my hands shake a little so no way am I getting a zoom lens without IS). I read an article in the current Australian Photography magazine where a professional photographer commented that the f4 is still incredibly sharp and if you don't need to go as shallow as f2.8 then it's probably worth saving your money. I'm still very undecided though but cost is a big factor.

Thank you.

I'll be sure to let you know what I think. But Kirisilin brought up a good point that if your using a fast shutter speed the IS isn't needed... As I'll be using this lens mostly for whippet racing that's why I went with it! But will try out some everyday shot too!

Yes cost is a huge factor isn't it! The 2.8 was double the cost of the f4.

Edited by Monet n Diva's Mum

I have the 2.8 without IS, and I find that as long as the shutter speed is quick I have no issues with shake. The auto focus is extremely quick as well, I tend to use that lens on auto due to my hands shaking because I'm not quick enough with the manual focus yet. I bought mine second hand, but it had only been used a handful of times.

These were taken with the 2.8 - not fantastic, but it was my first time using that lens.

409707_511501591739_218800254_274012_1203796324_n.jpg

383886_511501666589_218800254_274017_431587755_n.jpg

very exciting!! :thumbsup: sounds like you've done well.

Does this mean we'll be jostling for position if I go to Tooradin?

as to camera bags I've just got a Lowenpro Nova 170 AW but it doesn't fit the big 70-200 in there. Yours might fit cause it's a bit smaller I think. I really need a bigger bag.

Edited by Kirislin

very exciting!! :thumbsup: sounds like you've done well.

Does this mean we'll be jostling for position if I go to Tooradin?

as to camera bags I've just got a Lowenpro Nova 170 AW but it doesn't fit the big 70-200 in there. Yours might fit cause it's a bit smaller I think. I really need a bigger bag.

The more the merrier I say! Maybe you can get pics of my dogs as I won't be able to if I'm racing them!

who delivered it? I would've thought it was supposed to be signed for.

Hey, just had a brilliant idea. Say it never arrived, maybe the delivery company will have to compensate and provide another one!!! ;) :laugh:

Edited by Kirislin

who delivered it? I would've thought it was supposed to be signed for.

Hey, just had a brilliant idea. Say it never arrived, maybe the delivery company will have to compensate and provide another one!!! ;) :laugh:

;) it was TOLL who delivered and on Kogan website it states they have to be signed for! have sent a complaint!

Now that would be greedy Linda ;)

Good news is my 70-200mm lens is due to be delivered today!

I just need to get a CF card, I ordered one but it hasn't shipped yet and I wanna play!

:)

But a quick muck around last night I was very impressed with the nifty 50, such clear photos in poor lighting!

Okay, so I've been playing this afternoon.... Here's some photos I took!

What do you think?

Squeak - our shy tabby... This is the first ever decent photo taken in her 10yrs of life!

6677342731_5f5f67dd2a.jpg

Benson and his obsession with buckets!

6677347623_abb1fb94b1.jpg

Diva and Monet ... ZOOMIES!

6677360501_b6abf512c0.jpg

Diva

6677370719_5b5724e451.jpg

Czar - my beautiful Birman boy

6677383457_962f93a78f.jpg

Diva and Monet - smackdown

6677388467_3d3f809285.jpg