Dog Rolls

I am a long time Ecopet user but have recently seen that Scotty's dog rolls are now widely available in Victoria. There are also the Tuckertime rolls that apparently some vets sell in Victoria. Which is the superior brand? Ecopet works and we feed it because it is easy to find but if one of these other brands is superior in quality, I would like to try them out.

Thanks!

Edited by groupfive

Quite often one man's trash is another man's treasure, and just so a particular brand that is hopeless for one dog another may thrive on. Why not have a look at the order and type of ingredients in the one you are happily using and compare them with the ingredients on the others (perhaps purchase one of each for a trial?) and provided that you are happy with that then try them out on your dogs just for palatability etc?

You could also check out this quite elderly thread Ecopet, Scotty's, Tuckertime or raw?.

If your interested in trying different rolls, we are releasing a Vets All Natural roll in a months time.

To cater for people who have told us they don't like handling raw meat, we are pasteurizing the Premium Choice to hold a shape that can be cut/diced up. No preservatives and the same ingredients as the Premium Choice range.

At the Sydney Pet Industry Association Expo the rolls generated much interest, from breeders, groomers and store owners. The texture and 'look' of the product impressed many.

Edited by Vets All Natural

I have feed Tuckertime rolls for over 25 years now & all my showdogs get it,i have tried the Ecopet when in Melbourne but prefer Tuckertime .

Haven't tried Scottys.

The problem is the price of Tuckertime over there ,when i fly i normally bring my own frozen although have had a vet in Sunbury get it in for me

If your interested in trying different rolls, we are releasing a Vets All Natural roll in a months time.

To cater for people who have told us they don't like handling raw meat, we are pasteurizing the Premium Choice to hold a shape that can be cut/diced up. No preservatives and the same ingredients as the Premium Choice range.

At the Sydney Pet Industry Association Expo the rolls generated much interest, from breeders, groomers and store owners. The texture and 'look' of the product impressed many.

Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out for them. Any idea on price?

I have feed Tuckertime rolls for over 25 years now & all my showdogs get it,i have tried the Ecopet when in Melbourne but prefer Tuckertime .

Haven't tried Scottys.

The problem is the price of Tuckertime over there ,when i fly i normally bring my own frozen although have had a vet in Sunbury get it in for me

Which vet in Sunbury? This is very close to me and I am having a tough time finding anyone that stocks them in Victoria. I rang Tuckertime and they said they have a distributor for every state except Victoria

Well I wandered into the new Petbarn that has opened up near me and I was suprised to see that they stock both Tucker Time and Scotty's rolls. How convenient for me!! And a much better price than what the vet quoted me.

I got a mixture of both to try. They arent as dense as the Ecopet rolls but the dogs seem to like them.

Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out for them. Any idea on price?

When released they will be at a cheaper price point than our Premium Choice fresh product on a dollar/weight comparison. The final RRP hasn't been set as yet, but will be competitive with the other rolls available.

Guest lavendergirl

Do people feed the rolls as a sole source of food or as a supplement? I am interested in trying the VAN when it comes out.