Grooming Table

dannyBC

Can't tell you where as it has been a little while since I bought one. I do like the Liberty tables though.

Important thing when buying a table, particularly for larger breeds is that it is stable. Some tables may look fine on first inspection but the way the legs are designed means they are more prone to tipping (I have one here that I rarely use as a result). A tip is to make sure the bottom of each of the legs is low and wide. Basically the inverted U that is at the bottom of the legs should be wide and short to give more stability.

This is an example of a better designed table:

post-5072-0-32577000-1325551842_thumb.jpg

This one the legs would not be as stable for a large dog in particular:

post-5072-0-98808700-1325552170_thumb.jpg

Edited by espinay2

I have a Liberty table and love it - sold and sturdy. Crap pic but gives you an idea how strong it is. Pink and Hamish are 3 yo and combined weight of around 85kgs.

386749_342544062425301_100000091313049_1456063_1248786444_a.jpg

This one is from Woofer wares - has adjustable height and very sturdy, great table. Hamish loves this table, he jumps up every chance he gets even though it is far too small for him. They come in large sizes too, this was more expensive than the Liberty table.

217176_213612585318450_100000091313049_912803_4219305_n.jpg

Edited by Andisa

Not sure if you are handy but after spending over $200 on a table and now finding it is to small for my Newfoundland we are making our own.

I am using all the measurements and details from a friend that has already made one for her Newf.

Table is 700 wide x 1300 long x 600 high

We brought a sheet of 17mm ply from Bunnings. cut to size and round off the corners

Also from Bunnings Pyramid matting to flu on the table top ( we brought Blue) but comes in different colours

Qucik qrip sealer to glue matting onto table top

We brought a set of folding legs also from Bunnings they hold over 100 kilos, if they are to high you can cut them down.

The last thing we are yet to get is some Aluminium angle that needs to be put around the edge of the table so it doesn't get knocked around.You can get this in Bunnings but we haven't brought it yet

Edited by mish13

Sorry no help to you as I too am in the market for a grooming table for my BC's. Had a look on ebay, price is good but not sure how stable they would be.

Will be keeping my eye on what other Dolers recommend on this thread.

I just brought a Liberty table - after borrowing my friends that is 8 years old, sill looks in excellent condition and very sturdy (holds my weight lol )

How much was the Liberty table?

Pet network have a pretty good selection of tables.