So Proud Of The New Staffy Cross Today

Staffyluv

We picked Ziggy up from the local pound October 31st. He was listed as a staffy cross and he would not even come out of his pound cage at first.

He was terrified of everything, his collar and lead, his food bowl, the car, the crate.

The only thing that made his transition easier was our adorable foster boy, Gussy.

We have been doing basic training and as of today he can sit and drop really well. We are working in staying. He loves fetch and drops the ball so you can throw it again and again.

I had to take him to the vets for a shot and he wets himself when we get there every time. But today he is scared but still walks in with encouragement. He sits and waits for his turn and was so good in there (I guess the treats helped).

He is really submissive and when we came out there was a really huge dog with a very sore foot in the waiting room and his owner immediately grabbed him, I let her know Zig was submissive and she was happy for him to say hello.

So over he goes on his belly, woo wooing and wriggling all the way. It is almost like an army belly crawl with a tail wag added for good measure.

He did not want to leave but when we did he was so puffed up, with his tail high and wagging away.

I am just so proud of the little guy, he has come so far in a couple of short months.

Thanks all, I think he is pretty special.

I just had to bring him in as he was outside swimming and we have thunder going on with a storm expected.

He loves getting dried off with the towel, he has made a real game of it.

He is really submissive to other dogs but loves to play and so far he meets other dogs respectfully. He even crawled on his belly towards the vets cat to say hello and was so happy when she rubbed up against him. He has the waggiest tail and he just always seems to be really happy.

He has bought a lot of happiness where there was a lot of sadness and loss.

• 2 weeks later...