New Years Eve & Fireworks

kiesha09

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems most of my street must have vacated for NYE! There is no-one around and no fireworks for a change.

Fingers crossed it stays like that for you. :crossfingers: It's a bit like a war zone here.

ETA Now we have a couple of helicopters to add to the mix. Hope they are lining up the dickheads with the crackers.Probably not, but it seems to have stopped them for the moment. We are close to the Essendon Airport, so not far for the helicopter to travel.

Edited by sumosmum

It seems most of my street must have vacated for NYE! There is no-one around and no fireworks for a change.

Fingers crossed it stays like that for you. :crossfingers: It's a bit like a war zone here.

ETA Now we have a couple of helicopters to add to the mix. Hope they are lining up the dickheads with the crackers.Probably not, but it seems to have stopped them for the moment. We are close to the Essendon Airport, so not far for the helicopter to travel.

My usual noisy neighbours have gone out but I have the people in the complex over right by my fence going for gold.

I have the airport and the trainline to deal with too.. but the fireworks drown those out. :o

It's great but I'm expecting a lot of noise when they all return at 3am. There were a few fireworks earlier, Lucy looked up and then went straight back to sleep.

We have absolute idiots here - one of their fireworks landed in our yard - thank goodness we were home and the dogs are Ok - I have a stressed and nervous kelpie though - she won't relax till it's over :(

Flaming idiots - it's a total fire ban here too

We have absolute idiots here - one of their fireworks landed in our yard - thank goodness we were home and the dogs are Ok - I have a stressed and nervous kelpie though - she won't relax till it's over :(

It's disappointing that there are losers who actively ignore firebans and put everyone in danger, including themselves!!

It's disappointing that there are losers who actively ignore firebans and put everyone in danger, including themselves!!

I know - we would't even let the kids have sparklers tonight -it was 39 today and 41 tomorrow :eek:

I know - we would't even let the kids have sparklers tonight -it was 39 today and 41 tomorrow :eek:

Oh ouch that's HOT! SA has such a dry heat too. :( Let's hope their firework stash runs out soon. I wouldn't even know where to buy them... and everyone seems to have them :o

We had a strangely warm day today, but it was just disgusting, overcast and humid.

Very lucky you were home, and hopefully they haven't hit anyone else's poor dog who may be left in the yard.

We still have the helicopter around, and it is great. Really quietened them down.

Very lucky you were home, and hopefully they haven't hit anyone else's poor dog who may be left in the yard.

We still have the helicopter around, and it is great. Really quietened them down.

Send it our way - I have a funny feeling that we are going to get a blast of them at midnight :mad

Here too- thankful that the pups are all snoozing quietly. I think all the crazy scary sounds playing from 2 weeks of age worked again! Only one dog alerted twice and looked pretty bloody embarrassed when they realised no one else woke up so they piled back on the others and went to sleep!

Edited by Jumabaar

Same here.. It seemed liked every single house around me was letting off fireworks. They probably were.

I had a very unhappy camper here who woke up from his sleep :( He's now curled up in my blanket.

Loud bangs constantly until about 12:20.. now it's just really intermittent.

Yay for THAT being over for another year!!

Well, I'm a bit annoyed at good ol' Melbourne City Council now. I thought we would only hear distant fireworks from the city, but nearly died when we had 10 mins of official fireworks almost overhead!! Yep, they're loud!!

There was no mention of this on the council website, I checked earlier. :mad

Luckily the little guy is pretty stoic, but this really tested him (and me). I'm not impressed.

BTW Happy New Year!