Dogs Victoria Amenities Show - Vic

SwaY

On Sunday when the show started at 6pm, I can verify that at the entrance to ring 5 it was extremely hot as the gazebos set up alongside the ring were blocking any breeze, and there most certainly were people with sweat dripping off them.

I have no idea what the temperature was but it was far hotter there than in the area I was seated, which was in the shade of one of the brick buildings. A huge difference in temperature.

It got cooler later but at 6pm when I was waiting to go in the ring, yes it was stinking hot there. Much much hotter than other parts of he ground.

Hummmmm maybe the gazebos did block some breeze but what I was asking did you see on the last day of the shows dogs walking around staggering and suffering from heat exhaustion as was posted on this forum. I bet not and I was at the show you have mentioned, it was a tad hot BUT definitely NO dogs nor people were suffering from heat exhaustion. The post was completely a fabrication of someone’s extreme imagination…. WHY I will never know nor their reasons as to why, BUT most definitely not in favour nor support of the pure bred dog world and THAT I am sure of, but perhaps this same person has a very devious hidden agenda!!!!!.

gee JulieR you seem a tad aggressive, may be time for a chill pill

No I am not being aggressive at all, just stating facts and if the actual facts upset you then I apoligise.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't at the Monday show, too hot for me to be out with a dog.

But I don't doubt for a second that there were extreme temps in particular areas. If you got a thermometer and did a spot check on the sunny side of the big pavilion on any hot day, you can be sure he temperature will be a lot higher there than out on an open lawn with nothing blocking the breeze.

I don't see how it's got anything to do with the pure breed dog world. The weather is what it is and dog shows aren't excluded rom extreme weather conditions.

The temperatures were taken btwn 10.15 and 10.30 with a lazer therm - this was pointed out somewhere if you actually read the posts. The temperatures were recorded on the device and posted as such. There was no exagerating anything - there was no need. The dog that was suffering from the heat was a mastiff. And seriously if you think about it a dog doesn't have an 'air temperature' - it has a surface temperature which is what is recorded by the lazer therm - so this kind of temp is relevant.

I have no 'alterior motives' or whatever else was stated by the not nice person and I don't really care what people think of me or my post - especially those who don't know me - the post was about the temperatures on the day at that time.

There is alot of digust/anger in the dog world in general in regards to the club not cancelling this show but I wasn't the one who posted anything about that or stated anything like that.

According to someone who is at the show 80% are absent - I haven't seen the exact figures, not been there to see for myself.

will be interesting to see if the actual figures will get posted anywhere

(and the results...)

Did we ever find out the actual absentee % ??

There must have been more than 50% attending because dogs have been awarded the full points on the pointscore.