Breed Calendars

SkySoaringMagpie

I'd never thought of getting a breed calendar! The last couple of years we've just bought the calender put out by the shelter Fox came from.

But I had a look and found this one - link - which might be too cute to resist next year :D

(edit: it is brown trout, but the dogs looked good to me :shrug:)

I didn't get the brown trout kelpie one last year- the pictures just were not that amazing, and I don't think all the kelpies were.... kelpies lol.

I am hoping that I can stop being lazy and do my own calendar this year!!

That Browntrout Kelpie calendar looks like 3 or 4 of the pictures are of the same dog ;) I will be doing my own calendar (and diary) with pictures taken myself I think. :thumbsup:

I agree about 'Brown Trout" , i got one this year and its the worst collection of BT's i have seen.

Luckily my mum sent me a UK one for xmas which has gorgoues looking BT's in :) ( avonside calender)

Yea, I just had a look at the Brown Trout Akita calendar and the dogs used look pretty awful.

I agree with the Brown Trout calendars. I've had a few papillon ones over the years and a lot of the models aren't what I would call great specimens. Some oversized and with coarse heads.

For 2012 Mum had a calendar made up from Officeworks with pictures of my own dogs on it that she gave me for Christmas, so I always like what I see. ;)

But I had a look and found this one - link - which might be too cute to resist next year :D

Maybe you just can't get a bad Kelpie. ;)

I just figured I was such a kelpie tragic I have a blind spot for their faults :laugh:

I'd never thought of getting a breed calendar! The last couple of years we've just bought the calender put out by the shelter Fox came from.

I didn't get the brown trout kelpie one last year- the pictures just were not that amazing, and I don't think all the kelpies were.... kelpies lol.

I am hoping that I can stop being lazy and do my own calendar this year!!

The Weekly Times has a calendar each year that features a lot of Kelpies, fantastic photos as they have a great dog photographer there

Maybe you just can't get a bad Kelpie. ;)

I just figured I was such a kelpie tragic I have a blind spot for their faults :laugh:

Well, if its a brown trout calender, look closely at the puppies.

they just may be chocolate labs. :laugh:

Edited by Tralee

My absolutely favourite calendar ever is the current (2011) whippet one that Krislin designed. Gorgeous dog, interesting and beautiful photos. I have always meant to design my own, I might set that challenge for this year, for a 2013 calendar.

There isn't a wheaten calendar I would recommend, simply because to find a correctly coated wheaten in a calendar is pretty hard.

The only kerry blue calendar I know of is the one from the Kerry Blue Terrier Club of the United States. I could wish for less show pictures but it's usually pretty good.

Hi,

For Pointers I buy my calendar from www.ledgands.co.uk . All proceeds go towards Pointer Rescue in England , there are lots of photographs and each months features the photos and story of one of the many rescues, which unfortunately happens to this lovely breed

Edited by Showpony

My absolutely favourite calendar ever is the current (2011) whippet one that Krislin designed. Gorgeous dog, interesting and beautiful photos. I have always meant to design my own, I might set that challenge for this year, for a 2013 calendar.

OH wow!! thankyou! :D

Yes, I'll be very sad to see it go, although I'm keeping the pictures. I have Puck's big grin looking at me now! I don't suppose you made a 2012 one, Krislin? :D

Yes, I'll be very sad to see it go, although I'm keeping the pictures. I have Puck's big grin looking at me now! I don't suppose you made a 2012 one, Krislin? :D

Yes I have, I'll PM you the link.

I make my own with vistaprint. In fact just placed my order for my new one for 2012. For a new calendar (with all my own choice of photos) - plus I just ordered 25 magnets and 140 address labels with my own photos on them - I just paid a grand total of $10.16 (mostly postage plus a little for photo upload). Yes, I wait until they offer things 'free' before I order them :D . At least this way I get to look at pictures of dogs I like rather than the ones on the breed calendars which often have me grating my teeth. :laugh:

I would love to see your calender Kirislin.Your photos are amazing.

This year I got my calender from Greyhound Safety Net.It's gorgeous I love it. :)

The Tibetan Spaniel Club of Victoria has available a Birthday Calendar, same size and appearance as an annual calendar, but with spaced lines for each month where you can record names of family and friends on their birth dates.

Which means it's not just confined to one year.

Lovely pictures of tibbies of all colours and doing all sorts of things, on the front cover and for each month. On back page, is a photo of the Dalai Llama's huge traditional palace in Tibet.

Here the Birthday Calendar, with a line-up of tibs.

post-3304-0-79750700-1325033683_thumb.jpg

I would love to see your calender Kirislin.Your photos are amazing.

This year I got my calender from Greyhound Safety Net.It's gorgeous I love it. :)

I think AnnieK takes all the photos for the greyhound safety net. They are beautiful. If I didn't get a whippet calendar I'd probably get one of Annies.