Dog Debit Card

Tralee

Hi All :)

Well I went to the bank today and did a few things but we opened up an account for the dogs and asked for a debit card.

What that means is that the account can be kept exclusively for expenditure on the dogs and then at the end of every financial year all book keeping and accounting has already been done and records have been kept by the bank.

The advantages of that I think should be obvious.

I am taking out health insurance on the dogs, something I should have done much sooner, so all vaccinations and annual health checks will go through the account too. Worming and flea treatment will also be funded from the account.

New kennels, fences, the cost of showing the dogs, CCC subscriptions, website renewals will all be processed through the account.

I really have no idea what the dogs cost per annum but with their own account I should get an accurate reflection of where excesses and deficiencies are occuring.

:cheers:

Px

Edited by Tralee

It's a great idea. Did you open it in the dog's names? If so, what documents did you need to show? I can just imagine the look on our family's faces if I told them the dogs had their own debit card and bank account!

You can't open an account in a dogs name - that is a breach of international anti- money laundering laws :)

It's a great idea. Did you open it in the dog's names? If so, what documents did you need to show? I can just imagine the look on our family's faces if I told them the dogs had their own debit card and bank account!

Hi Dxenion. :)

The account is in my name but when the cards arrive our prefix can be attached so it can be identified from our other debit cards.

I also opened an account just for expenses occurred in earning a living. I never claim enough for work expenses and now that's something that the taxman will have to reckon with each year. :)

Well they family might think debit cards are quizzical, but next year we are doing a 'build' for the dogs. :D

Px

Edited by Tralee

It's a great idea. Did you open it in the dog's names?

You can't open an account in a dogs name - that is a breach of international anti-money laundering laws :)

Those laws are only designed to keep dogs out of high office.

And if I had some money I wouldn't put it in the wash for a start. :laugh:

Px

I don't want to know what I spend :(

Exactly, but its a bit like the story of the lazy servant. I think identifying our excesses and deficiencies will benefit the dogs.

Px

My big expenses fr the dogs are all medical bills, they don't get spoilt with toys etc I don't think

It's a great idea. Did you open it in the dog's names? If so, what documents did you need to show?

100 points of ID would be an issue. :laugh:

RS - :rofl:

Well maybe, but not for my dogs. I'll just use their 100 championship points.

Title: Mr Mss Dr -none. Just Aust Ch will do nicely thankyou. :D

Px

Great idea but how much do you put into this account each week?

I don't want hubby to know what our six cost, he would have heart failure :eek:

HI mish13. :)

The account attracts fees unless $1000 a month is deposited, so I've made a direct deposit arrangement.

I figure $100 each week should remain in the account to provide for the five dogs.

In business, the aim is not so much to make a profit but to cut your losses.

It's the same with keeping dogs.

I wouldn't want to suffer the fate of 'the lazy servant'.

:cheers:

Edited by Tralee

I have an ING account for this - collects interest at the same time. :D

Mine is for vet bills, everything else can come out of normal money :laugh:

Hi SwaY. :)

Vet bills are killing us at the moment.

They keep taking money from our planned 'build' and I need to take control.

I think its just insidious the things the dogs need attention to that creep up on us.

Our last one was meds for 'heat spots'

Px