Question For Breeders

Guest donatella

OT but... Mm, your mum's cat weights 8 kilos!?! My boy cat weighs about 6.5kgs (3 and a bit Lucys, hehe) he'll be very glad to know there's someone heavier :)

He's a ragdoll - Males are 7 - 10kgs :p He's a big loveable bear. He lives on my Mum and Stepdad's acreage in WA.. He's a surprisingly placid lad who leaves the birdies alone but loves bringing gifts of mice to the doorstep :laugh:

Hmm interesting, I didn't know male Ragdolls got that big. Charlie is allegedly a Persian x but he's from a pet shop :o so could be anything. He is long haired, caramel and white coloured, big and very placid, he puts up with all sorts from the dogs :) He does sometimes brIng me mouse/rat presents... But he's still gorgeous :)

I don't even ask. Most people who own houses to rent that don't mind pets very seldom object to a toy poodle. They don't shed, make a mess & do not usually live outside.

I do specify that my dogs must be indoor dogs.

If they work full time & want to leave the dog outside they do not get one of mine.

I guess, for example, that if they had 3 large dogs & wanted a 4th this question would be relevant. So depends on circumstances.

This is just out of interest Christina, why do you like them to be totally indoors? Is it due to their size? or moreso that they need to be with their people?

I don't mean that the dog is never to be allowed out in the garden/yard. They are happier being part of the family & following you around inside or outside. Leaving dogs outside when there is no one home is something I would only do with a large dog. At least the size may intimidate any would be thieves of the dog or property. Snakes are also an issue in some places. My dogs would never deal with a snake, they would want to play, get bitten & die if they were outside with no one home.

Christine, would you sell to someone who has a very secure dog yard - 8 foot high chain mesh, with snake mesh buried intot he ground with very secure dog runs attatched and wanted to have the dog outside with doggy company, when they were not home??

I am not trying to be inflammatory, but in my position my house gets very hot in the late afternoon and I have a real phobia about leaving dogs inside when I am not home, I keep thinking what if there was a fire - I have a totally non-logical issue with it. Mine are safer in my yard surrounded and with lovely green manicured grass than in the house( tha yard is not attached to the house but is close by. We do have lots of snakes and in 12 years so far I have never had one bitten.

If I came to you for a dog would you say no based on the fact I would have the dog in a very secure area that was not the house when I was not home?

Renting is not really an issue for me as long as the fencing is secure and the agent allows dogs inside as Frenchies are mainly inside dogs. Over the past 20 years I have found that 95% own their homes.

I also have in my agreement that if the owner can no longer keep the dog for what ever reason I will take it back, I would also be happy to mind the dog while the owners found another house if they had to move be it rented or owned.

Leanne

I don't even ask. Most people who own houses to rent that don't mind pets very seldom object to a toy poodle. They don't shed, make a mess & do not usually live outside.

I do specify that my dogs must be indoor dogs.

If they work full time & want to leave the dog outside they do not get one of mine.

I guess, for example, that if they had 3 large dogs & wanted a 4th this question would be relevant. So depends on circumstances.

This is just out of interest Christina, why do you like them to be totally indoors? Is it due to their size? or moreso that they need to be with their people?

I don't mean that the dog is never to be allowed out in the garden/yard. They are happier being part of the family & following you around inside or outside. Leaving dogs outside when there is no one home is something I would only do with a large dog. At least the size may intimidate any would be thieves of the dog or property. Snakes are also an issue in some places. My dogs would never deal with a snake, they would want to play, get bitten & die if they were outside with no one home.

Thanks Christina :)